how many people actually like their spark ?

2013 Spark, 48,000 miles. I bought it brand new.

I dont really have any complaints on it, other than I wish it had a sunroof. ;) In the 3 years I've had its been on numerous road trips from Austin to Houston, San Antonio to the beach and Louisiana. Its been filled to the max with Disney Princesses and driven all over the greater Austin area! No problems what so ever. I went and had both recalls performed.

Would I get another one? Sure!

For the price it cant be beat, but when it comes to a car I want to get next....I really want a convertible. :D

But yes I love my car, and I really appreciate it.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have nothing bad to say about mine, either. The fuel efficiency and ~$20 to fill up, are worth it, alone. I do wish I had the automatic headlights, that the 2014+ models have. I'd do it again.

Only owned our 14 Spark for one month and 1,000 miles later we are still as happy with it as when we bought it. I tell folks, "it's the funnest go cart I've ever driven".

I like my 2013. Put 23,000 miles on it so far. My wife Drives/ Zooms!!!, the heck out of it. Only problem was AC, fixed by Dealer. Would buy it again. Paid 10k brand new. Fun car.

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I've been driving my Spark for a while now and it has been a GREAT car!   Much credit must go to GM Korea!  I hope to drive this beast for a long time to come.  I don't really need so much "tech stuff" since I don't use it, but I love the way it drives and I really love the gas mileage.  Nice going Chevy!

• 5 weeks later...

I love it I got a 2013 chevy spark the only issue I got with it is the stock speakers and I can't change the speakers cuz it would void my warranty if anything electrical happened with it so that's the only thing I gotta complain but im

gonna install a subwoofer on it and have it not void my warranty cuz I'll hook up the speaker wire into the rear speaker inputs but still trying to figure out if the alternator would be able to handle it because if it can I'll buy a deep cycle battery with it

• 1 month later...

I have the basic 2016 model and while I like it I can't help but notice how cheap it looks lol.  I think Im' gonna invest in some rims for the first time in my life cause I really want to keep this car for a while but right now it looks like it came straight from the early 2000's.

Edited by buffyuna
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2014 at 8:08 PM, kermit2014 said:

I love mine! I've only had it 2 weeks but I'm currently getting 37 mpg city driving only and filled up for $23. Also i am able to park anywhere. I went to a band Compitition yesterday and parking was really tight. I was able to squeeze into a spot between 2 giant trucks. Never would have been able to do that with my old minivan.

Ditto that! Yesterday at the Saint Augustine beach, the parking lot was fully packed. This is a tourist town and it is spring break week. And the weather was low 80's. The beach was crowded. So I spot this one empty space, and my wife says it is too small. Yap, for her HHR it was, but I parallel parked it in that space with my Spark 2017. 

On 5/31/2016 at 2:39 PM, Ashes Laree Scott said:

2013 Spark, 48,000 miles. I bought it brand new.

I dont really have any complaints on it, other than I wish it had a sunroof. ;) 

r9h7qh.jpg

My previous car (photo) was loaded and had a sunroof. But I found it created lot of wind noise, so I do not miss it in my new Spark.

Edited by Bobby MSME
photo
57 minutes ago, Bobby MSME said:

r9h7qh.jpg

My previous car (photo) was loaded and had a sunroof. But I found it created lot of wind noise, so I do not miss it in my new Spark.

I had 2.2l cobalt too, mine was a ls, drove 98k and traded on a malibu, wife had a mazda 6 traded that shop loving pos for the spark.

The spark is way better behaved oh the highway than the cobalt on stock suspension and tires.

On 3/30/2017 at 5:25 PM, Mr.tozzi said:

The spark is way better behaved oh the highway than the cobalt on stock suspension and tires.

Considering how much longer and heavier my 2007 Pontiac G5 was compared to my 2017 Spark LS,

I can say that is a remarkable design achievement by Spark engineers. I will say that at 75 mph, the G5 felt more safe than the Spark. Spark is more affected by cross winds. In town driving, which is most of my driving, the Spark is more responsive, and a joy to drive. Now I gladly volunteer for running errands around town with the Spark, which makes the wife happy.

I have owned many American brand cars since 1964 Corvair Monza, 1967 Impala, 1971 Nova, 1975 Camaro (never started on first 2 tries), 1977 Malibu (best car ever), Pinto and Probe in the 80's, 1997 Dodge Ram Conversion Van (outstanding for traveling with 2 kids and a dog), 2007 G5, and none of them felt as solid and tight as this Spark, OK the Camaro was close. This Spark reminds me of driving my friend's 1960's vintage Opel and my first impression of the OPel was how solid the body felt with no creaks or groans.

• 3 weeks later...

I am liking the CVT more every day. If it lasts 70-75k miles without any problems,

I am never going back  to a geared automatic. Better gas mileage, better acceleration,

less engine wear due to lower RPM's for the same vehicle speed, less cost to buy new,

smoother operation without the jerks of gear changes, and a sporty feel due to noisier operation when stomping on the gas pedal, no need to tighten bands in a geared automatic, etc.

• 1 month later...

I purchased my spark a 2016 LT w Sunroof June of 2016:   as of today June 6 2017  have 33600 miles logged with absolutely 0  problems  the car has performed well and above expectations other than scheduled oil changes has not had to visit the garage otherwise. everything works correctly! i live in a area that is renowned for harsh winters and the lil bomb pulled through with flying colors, with installed proper winter shoes. at this point it looks like a best value for money vehicle out there

even though it is marketed as a city car its highway manors are decent also so a win win for me defiantly recommended.    

I am enjoying my 2017 Spark LS.  It's been a great car and I've enjoyed it.  I mostly drive it to work and back and average anywhere from 35-39 mpg.  I have had it on the interstate multiple times and it has no problem at all cruising around at 80 mph.  I am amazed at how small it truly is, but when driving it even with passengers, it does not feel small at all.  I realize there were issues with earlier model years but it now seems most of the kinks have been worked out.

I've got a couple free oil changes and tire rotations at the dealer, I plan on using full synthetic.  After those are up, I will be changing it myself I believe.  

Edited by sparkjay
  • 1 month later...

Its been 2+ yrs n 8k km on odo, I am using my Beat. The thing I liked most is fun driving. I usually driven in city but past some months its driven mainly on Highway. Good part it did handled a bumpy road at 130-150kph speed quite well, even with its stock 7 year old tyres. I want to keep this with me but planning to sell as Chevy is shutting its production by year end. Though service center will be there for next 10 yrs, but can't expect if a dealer will be more supportive (Chevy service centre are already infamous). Currently hold all light improvement plan n tyre change for this.

• 2 weeks later...

put my 2014 new I like it a lot it's not really good to go out on the highway though it's a little light weight and not real comfortable for long I don't like the fact that it does not  come with a spare tire. I've had a few problems with the car but they've been fixed under warranty I had a crack in my antifreeze extra container which cause my car to overheat a few times b4 they figured it out. My fenders all four of them keep popping out of where they belong and I think I need some kind of screws or something but the dealership won't give them to me saying they're not a body shop whatever that means I had a crack in my gear shift frame and they gave me a new gear shift which was fine I've had to change the filters which is pretty expensive and it wasn't covered under warranty the air filters and some other kind of cabin filter I've had trouble with the tire sensors since getting the car they say that they're low every time I go out on the highway when they're not and they stay on taking that problem in tomorrow but so far I've got 29000 miles on the car and pretty happy with it probably wouldn't buy another one same kind of cheaply-made that they do good for around town.

• 1 month later...

I like mine so far with 1700 miles / one month (approx) on the clock, just did the oil change tire rot at 6700 miles

Only issue is i wish it was a bit longer bodied. Next car I buy will probably be a minivan, but I wanted something fairly new with a payment I could handle, and with no money down and 2 old beaters for a trade in, this was my best bet

Hi,

I've only had my Spark LS with a CVT for about a month, but I am thoroughly enjoying it.  It is very similar in size and MPG to my last car (a 2012 Fiat with a manual transmission), but the two extra doors make it a little more practical/easy to carry stuff, and the CVT is a little easier on my knees during bumper to bumper traffic.

Pat