Yesterday I did a 'stress test' on my 2013 Spark/Auto. There is a long flat road with very little traffic and I drove the Spark at 100mph with A/C on for about 50 mile set on cruise, stopping only to turn around then another 50miles at 100 mph back. That's really pushing it and no issues. The oil was checked afterwards and after lots of high speed trips since my last oil change about 3500mi ago the oil was still at the top on the dipstick.

Anyone else driven your Spark hard and fast?

Every day, I have a 100 mile commute every day, and drive early morning and late night. Avg speed is around 90 every day. And often to top speed in late night. And in the summer we have some illegal drag strip racing every friday. So my car gets a beating and lives a hard life, but it does a good job. Seems pretty sturdy, even though it's a high miler.

I drive often between Tucson and Phoenix on the I-10 at 80 -85 mph with my Spark. A/C blew cold through the entire hot summer and when I did MY OWN oil change at just over 6,000 miles, the oil was full on the dipstick and still golden in color. Now at around 10,000 miles and not a single problem with my Spark and I am averaging around 44mpg mixed driving. Oil still at full mark btw.