USA version - Spare tire and jack?

FYI, wheels are $605.00 each from Chevy

That's just stupid, I can buy a whole set including TPMS of a pattern I want for the same, and maybe get tires on them too. I guess Chevy doesn't want to bother selling replacement wheels.

Edited by Greg_E
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would definitely suggest getting a spare and not relying on the compressor fix a flat contraption chevy offers by default. With smaller tires as the spark has they don't take pot holes in Michigan all that well. I just recently blew out a tire leaving a sizable gash which couldn't not be remedied by the fix a flat solution. If I do get a spare I definitely want the spare and jack to fit in the space under the carpet hopefully this will be possible.

I still need to make a cover, my jack doesn't fit so I put it in the useless cargo net thing. Waiting to see what the official kit looks like so I can make the proper brackets that hold the tire down.

Is there a spot to put it under the seat? On the wranglers (could still be this way), the jack was under the drivers seat.

• 2 months later...

hello fellow spark owners I am just posting this to let anyone who owns one and wonders whether or not it has a spare tire the answer is no but the good news is that I decided to find out if there was even a place for one in the car so upon raising the hatch back and removing the carpet that comes out behind the back seat I find a huge piece of foam with a little air pump and some sort of fix a flat I then removed all of that and discovered a hole that appeared big enough for a spare and determined by doing a little homework that if you can find an 07 to 2011 chevy aveo with 15 inch tires that they are the same rims as that are used on my spark the hole in the trunk will not occupy a full spare but will hold a donut from the aveo perfectly fits the hole as well as mounts on the car if you take off one of the wheels and try it on it mounts perfectly as though it were made for the car so if you were like me and did not approve of having a spare tire here is the answer hope this helps someone else Elmer Worley current owner of a 2013 chevy spark

hello fellow spark owners I am just posting this to let anyone who owns one and wonders whether or not it has a spare tire the answer is no but the good news is that I decided to find out if there was even a place for one in the car so upon raising the hatch back and removing the carpet that comes out behind the back seat I find a huge piece of foam with a little air pump and some sort of fix a flat I then removed all of that and discovered a hole that appeared big enough for a spare and determined by doing a little homework that if you can find an 07 to 2011 chevy aveo with 15 inch tires that they are the same rims as that are used on my spark the hole in the trunk will not occupy a full spare but will hold a donut from the aveo perfectly fits the hole as well as mounts on the car if you take off one of the wheels and try it on it mounts perfectly as though it were made for the car so if you were like me and did not approve of having a spare tire here is the answer hope this helps someone else Elmer Worley current owner of a 2013 chevy spark

You may have a good find here.

Both the 14" and 15" Aveo rims have a 4x100 bolt pattern; 12x1.5 stud size; 57.1 center bore and a H offset. Not sure what H offset is. However, should the offset be critical for a temp spare? You might only go a few miles at low speeds.

The Spark differs from the Aveo in that the center bore is slightly smaller at 56.6. The larger bore of the Aveo rim should not be a problem as the lug nuts will center the rim.

Get a donut tire and you would be set to go.

Note: The numbers provided are my best guess based on internet searches, so do your own research. I knew nothing of this stuff two weeks ago.

Edited by zogburr
  • 1 year later...

I found a full size spare wheel twin spoke at a salvage yard $85.00 Just need to pick up a jack now I have a floor jack I could use but it needs a adapter for lifting points. But I'll be going to Harbor Freight in a few days I see they have a jack there if they have one in stock if not I will order it online. Floor jack just to heavy and big to carry around I take one bottom seat out and flod down the back seat to carry it if I'm going out of town. I guess I could carry it in the back seat also if I cover it up good. I worry about it flying around if in a crash that could be deadly.