Low to no power after making U turn

We live on a road that requires a more or less U turn to get onto the main highway. After making this turn, when stepping on the gas, the engine sputters and almost dies, like it's running out of gas. Most of the time there is oncoming traffic, so my only solution is kicking down hard on accelerator pedal, or get ran over. The engine will roar to life with this method, but it's just not right otherwise. Only about 2000 miles on it, and it's done this since brand new. Yes, I know this method is putting it in passing gear. Any suggestions appreciated.

You have the CTV as I do and sometimes mine will not shift down all the way too. You just have to compensate with your driving a style as you have found out. Mine is iffy though sometimes it shifts down and sometimes I have to force it to by floor boarding it....I think that is a CTV programming issue that has not been addressed yet. I did let my dealer know and they said they passed the information on.

Thanks Angrybird; You hit the nail on the head. It's not shifting down to a lower gear. Hadn't thought of that, my thinking was that the carburetor (I know it doesn't have one) but in a sense the fuel was sloshing to one side, thus starving the intake fuel jets of fuel. Not shifting down makes much more sense.

I haven't discussed this with the dealer, but need to tell him. I'm sure it's a blip in their computer planning that has not been addressed.