one bolt on the front under the hood use 10mm socket, then lift up theres a rubber grommet holding in part on the hood a well will pull right out. the part thats attached to the intake is in pretty snug. i used a flat head screw driver to help pry out. easier if you take the air box out (use a phillips head screwdriver/drill bit and the 10mm socket for the bolts.) while you're at it take out the air resonator tube on the other side of the intake pops right out. youll get a noticeably better performance, but it will be much louder over 2k rpm

I think its a placebo effect, it sounds more powerful so you think it is more powerful. I noticed now that the weather is cooler my mileage was starting to decrease, I put the resonator tube back on and it is now back where it was. I don't know why unless the cold air made the computer add more gas to compensate.

Now I did see some difference when I put a K&N filter in the stock air box, but it was minimal.

Edited by Angrybird12

i took both off and put a k an n and its drives like a normal car no lag or anything.. yes it will lower you mpgs.. i was getting 36 with both on now im getting 32 with both off (city).. its a small trade for being to drive normally and not worry about being rear ended merging on to the freeway and such.. still 20 mpg better than my truck so im not complaining.. youll get less mpg cause the more air = more fuel to even the mixture... im guessing..

Edited by Skids

I highly doubt it will change the performance. I have done the same and it is as slow as before.

Correct. Air induction or mods to air intake have zero effect on performance on a small unmodified gas engine. Only improves performance on a heavily modified engine. Sometimes the louder engine has the effect of feeling faster because it sounds more powerful.

• 11 months later...