I put some dynamat in my chevy spark

Wheel well is a good place to start. I gave my Spark the full treatment: under the hood, doors, roof, under carpet, the trunk, rear hatch and behind the dash.

How much did it help and how much do you need? I notice a lot of road noise, especially with these hard tires. And when it rains the water splashing in the wheel wells is quite loud.

Edited by Angrybird12

I did it for 2 reasons: to make it more quiet, and to make my stereo sound better. With a high quality sound system a lot of the car rattles and vibrates.

Now the rattling has gone, and the car is much more comfortable at speeds. Driving on wet roads is now absolutely quiet.

I would recommend going all the way, it is worth the job.

I order some more dynamat. there is a lot space in the trunk to use it on. I can hear the back speakers' now

I would consider properly wired C-4 as a better and safer alternative to 'dynamit'(sic). The trunk area may not be the best place and if you can hear the back speakers, well, you are a bit too close to the vehicle. C-4 can be wired to the horn and activated with the remote using the horn feature. I would consider placing 5 blocks, one inside each wheel and one directly under the engine for a uniform pattern with minimal lateral spread. With this kind of placement, it is best to ensure the handbrake is firmly applied with the vehicle in park. Protective hearing and eye wear as well as up to date car and health insurance would be recommended before the final step in this 'explosive' modification.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

I ordered Fat Mat from Amazon after reading this post. I put it in the rear spare tire area and underneath the back seat. I'm gonna drive it awhile and see how much of a difference it makes. If it works well, I may put some on front floorboards and doors. The noise is really the only complaint I have on the Spark...

Shortly after taking delivery of the Spark, I took it into an excellent Cuban run detailing and soundproofing shop because I too found the Spark too loud. What they did was spray some non sealing, non drying black stuff everywhere on the car bottom and wheel wells. Since then the car has been silent with regard to road noise. The black stuff is dispersed in such a way that it cannot form a continuous barrier between the metal and outside, thus no danger of it trapping water like some 'undercoating applications'. It's very similar to the factory black stuff sprayed on to prevent rock chips.

I spent a 100.00 on dynamat and still don't have the trunk done. Im going to order some fatmat since its cheaper. dynamat does not trap water since its pressed against the steel with a roller to get rid of air pockets.

Edited by tootal2