Waiting for delivery.

So I just went and signed the papers on a Spark LS manual gearbox, the dealer just needs to track one down for me now. So what do I need to know when it arrives?

What is the bolt pattern for the wheels so I can figure out what to do for snow tires? I have a set of 15 inch wheels on my current wreck that has a 4x100 pattern, hoping I can use them on the new Spark.

Will 14 inch wheels fit? I have 14 inch single season snows that might be nice to use if I can get some wheels cheap.

Any must have accessories that I need to get?

One thing I searched for and couldn't find, in this lowest level USA car, does it have a line in for media player, or maybe bluetooth for the audio? Doesn't look like there will be a way to replace the stereo since it is pretty much integrated into the dash.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe they are calling it MyLink, it may be something I add aftermarket through a double din size radio or maybe even the factory radio purchased as a part. The 1LS radio has some kind of bluetooth but it might only be for interaction with a phone for making calls. The 1LS does have an 1/8 inch (3.5mm) aux. connector to plug in your media player.

And SDHC card slot is a really good feature, I could put most of my music on a card and just play everything from the stereo, no more need to connect a device to play my music.

Very disappointed with Chevy, they can't even give me a confirmation that they have accepted the dealer's order for my Salsa LS, let alone tell me when it might be delivered. Called my dealer after talking to the support guy at Chevy and gave him a list of other colors to look for and not completely happy with having to change what I really want. If it takes much more time I'm going to by a Fiesta.

The only LS manual that seems to be anywhere near me is Pink, what few others are around are all 1LT and 2LT, most are automatic which is not what I'll drive. Had they put a nice modern 6 speed multi-clutch automatic in this car then I wouldn't have a problem with the automatic and probably would have chosen it. Most of the cars listed as being at XYZ dealer are not the correct feature package, or simply have not arrived after many weeks of saying the dealer has them. After reading what other US dealers have in stock it certainly seems the north east region is not getting cars like other regions. The other issue is that many of the dealers don't want to trade their car to my local dealer (if they even have one). They are getting one car if they are lucky and those one cars seem to be separated by many miles skipping many dealers in the process.

But what still bothers me the most is that when the dealer submits the order, Chevy can't give an approximate delivery date, or even tell you when the car will start on the production line. In this day and age where just about every single nut and bolt has a bar code and is tracked from stock in the warehouse to the time it is attached to a VIN number, they aren't willing to tell you when the car will start production.

The only LS manual that seems to be anywhere near me is Pink, what few others are around are all 1LT and 2LT, most are automatic which is not what I'll drive. Had they put a nice modern 6 speed multi-clutch automatic in this car then I wouldn't have a problem with the automatic and probably would have chosen it. Most of the cars listed as being at XYZ dealer are not the correct feature package, or simply have not arrived after many weeks of saying the dealer has them. After reading what other US dealers have in stock it certainly seems the north east region is not getting cars like other regions. The other issue is that many of the dealers don't want to trade their car to my local dealer (if they even have one). They are getting one car if they are lucky and those one cars seem to be separated by many miles skipping many dealers in the process.

But what still bothers me the most is that when the dealer submits the order, Chevy can't give an approximate delivery date, or even tell you when the car will start on the production line. In this day and age where just about every single nut and bolt has a bar code and is tracked from stock in the warehouse to the time it is attached to a VIN number, they aren't willing to tell you when the car will start production.

They have the means to monitor your car's progress. My dealer called us when the ship arrived!!! May depend on how computer savy the sales people are there.

We have 2 LT's. One has the automatic and other has a stick shift. The automatic car seems much peppier off the line. The manual car's engine is quiter for some reason and it's hard to tell the revs, though there is a shift prompt that comes up on the display to help. There's also a lag time on the throttle since it's servo controlled(like the Toyotas) and it's hard to shift smoothly and get the rythym down. My wife drives that one and she pretty good at it now. The automatic is super easy and fun to drive!

I didn't realize this was a throttle by wire and that it lags, that might be kind of a bother.

I think I'm going to see if my dealer can find a $500 discount and then toss another $1000 on the fire and see if it helps find a car for me. I'm already way over what I can really spend but things have changed and I really need to get a car as soon as possible.

Still wish they used a 6 speed multi-clutch and gave us a + - shift mode to run through the gears, I would have bought that and I think a lot of other people would have been interested too.

Well upping the price to the 1LT still hasn't produced anything that my dealer can get in trade, still nothing about delivery or even production schedule for the one they ordered. Looks like there has been on and off strikes in Korea at the manufacturing plants of Kia, Hyundai, and GM during the last month, that certainly doesn't help. Everything I've found says Spark production is about 200,000 per year from this plant including the complete knock downs for assembly in several other countries. There is also production in India for that local market. I fear running out of time and having to buy something else.

Well upping the price to the 1LT still hasn't produced anything that my dealer can get in trade, still nothing about delivery or even production schedule for the one they ordered. Looks like there has been on and off strikes in Korea at the manufacturing plants of Kia, Hyundai, and GM during the last month, that certainly doesn't help. Everything I've found says Spark production is about 200,000 per year from this plant including the complete knock downs for assembly in several other countries. There is also production in India for that local market. I fear running out of time and having to buy something else.

I've heard that they are really on pace to increase production levels - don't think you'll have a problem getting one. I know that the wait can be a killer :(

Problem is that I still don't even have an indication that the car has been scheduled for manufacture, add 8 weeks or so to shipping from Korea to the USA, however long in customs, and another week to drive across the country to get to me. Things change and now I'm in a real bind where I need a car. What I was originally told is that there are several in nearby dealerships and it should only take a few days to get one. I've since changed to accepting most colors, and two different package levels and still nothing can be found.

Still waiting, as of last friday I still don't even have an order number because Chevy hasn't accepted the order and I was told I won't get a number until they accept the order.

True. If they don't accept the order and VIN hasn't been assigned, they cannot tell you anything.

Problem is that I still don't even have an indication that the car has been scheduled for manufacture, add 8 weeks or so to shipping from Korea to the USA, however long in customs, and another week to drive across the country to get to me. Things change and now I'm in a real bind where I need a car. What I was originally told is that there are several in nearby dealerships and it should only take a few days to get one. I've since changed to accepting most colors, and two different package levels and still nothing can be found.

I drove by Dick Genthe Chevrolet in Taylor or Southgate, Michigan (on Eureka) and they had a nice selection of Sparks. Do know if your dealer can send one over.

Me either, there are a few in some really rural areas but they may be dealer trades.

I do know that after all this time the car they ordered from GM still has no information assigned to it. This makes me think that the USA may have gotten all that it is going to get until the first of the year. No confirmation on this but if this was incorrect, they should at least have scheduled production on that car for some day in the future. I think they don't allow us to see it because people may get discouraged and buy a different make/model when they see a 3+ month wait.

If things go properly I should be able to pick it up Thursday morning, though I'm expecting it will arrive full of dents and scratches because that's how my luck normally goes.