Hello from Arizona :)

Hey all, just got my SECOND spark yesterday. The first one got well acquainted with physics and had to be put down :'( and close to two years later i decided i wanted another one. I have the 2014 1LS Manual in silver, same as the first. Decided to look around for a good forum as i have some over the top plans for this poor unsuspecting spark and thought i could share any knowledge i gain along the way

Regards :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum ! Did you actually take possession of the car? A lot of people are waiting to take delivery of their new cars, but are driving loaners, until the hood latch recall is done. It appears GM has temporarily grounded the Spark, until such work is done. In any case, congrats, and enjoy the Spark.

Good luck with your Spark. I WAS doing real good with mine and than 2 recalls....PCV and hood latch. Watson Chevrolet took care of it for me and my Spark is running great and averaging 44 MPG mixed driving.!!

Edited by greggb

So is the oil consumption problem now an official recall? It has been common knowledge for some time that the pistons do not fit properly, and there are issues with the crankcase venting. So far I have not heard GM actually admit it.

I bought my Sonic from Thorobred Chevy in Chandler, AZ. They have it right now, as the trans went out just under 11,000 miles. I am driving a white 1LT Spark CVT loaner. They are OK as far as customer service goes, but they take their time. I love this little Spark, but I just don't trust GM products anymore.