Hello guys! Have anyone tried to change the shift boot of your car? Well I watched already some videos on youtube and I did try to pull off the plastic frame but I don't think it's working...(?) Can anyone make a video or give me a video reference please? thanks in advance. Ah and btw does this one fits? It says it does but I don't trust very much ebay sellers to be honest. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-BLUE-PVC-LEATHER-STITCH-BOOT-MANUAL-SHIFT-BOOT-TRANSMISSION-COVER-E-/151344497160?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233cd5c208&vxp=mtr

Just pull at the base until it pops up then cut the zip tie :P ill be posting some pics tmr from my shortened shifter mod, i dont see why that boot wouldnt fit, however you will need to find a way to mount it to the plastic frame that mounts the bottom of the boot

Edited by Flips

Just pull at the base until it pops up then cut the zip tie :P ill be posting some pics tmr from my shortened shifter mod, i dont see why that boot wouldnt fit, however you will need to find a way to mount it to the plastic frame that mounts the bottom of the boot

Silicon glue or how you call it will do the trick? What else do you recommend for the mounting? Thanks

Edited by theoth

well when you pull off the boot its connected with carpenters staples, couldnt hurt to use those

Okay, after being a little more agressive to it, it worked fine :)I am not sure how to pull off the shift knob now which I guessed it would be pretty easy. It have some kind of screw on it but I can't find the right tool to unscrew it, that's the only problem for now :(