Donalie Sawtelle

NEW RECALL AS OF TODAY 10/2

37 posts in this topic

Same here, there must be a method to their mailings, alphabetically, by name,by Vin# ?

I got the letter just over two weeks ago now. I'm less concerned with the hood latch and more concerned with the occasional difficulty putting the car in reverse.

I thought they might do the recall by region but that doesn't seem to be the case . When I bring mine in for oil change shortly I'm going ask rather than wait for another letter about parts availability. Otherwise I will need to make a separate service visit.

Went by my dealer today and he showed me on the computer that the new parts were not able to even be ordered yet. I guess that's a what my letter meant that I would get a second one when the parts were available.

Unless the spring on the latch is badly rusted, I would just spray some WD-40 on the spring and latch pivot. Light oil is OK too but grease may cause some binding in colder climates.

Unless the spring on the latch is badly rusted, I would just spray some WD-40 on the spring and latch pivot. Light oil is OK too but grease may cause some binding in colder climates.

White lithium grease is what is recommended for lubricating latches and hinges on cars. At least that is what I have used for over 20 years and never had any issues from it.

http://m.automedia.com/Greasing_Parts/ccr20050601gg/1

Edited by Angrybird12

White lithium grease is what is recommended for lubricating latches and hinges on cars. At least that is what I have used for over 20 years and never had any issues from it.

http://m.automedia.com/Greasing_Parts/ccr20050601gg/1

Thanx Angrybird, you are correct. While WD-40 may clean off any gunk and lube it for a while, it will not last long. I too have used white lithium grease in spray can form for many car applications like seat sliders and hinges and it is indeed the best and longest lasting lube and good at all temps.

I got my second letter yesterday saying g the parts were now available. I contacted my dealer and they have them in stock now and I have an appointment to get it swapped out next Tuesday morming.

Received my recall notice today!

Hi I have just had the transmission mount recall done and dusted 3 weeks ago, and I also have had the hood latch recall being sorted today. :):happy feet:

I'm not aware of any trans mount recall here in the States, although we did have a recall on the hood latch..

I think the mount recall was for early CVT US Sparks .