Best intake? Injen? K&N? or ...?

air box delete or air resonator? i took off the pipe connecting the resonator and air box (way easier than getting to the air resonator to take out (and put back if need be) i find its only louder over 2k rpm and im getting about 2.5 more mpg with more power to zip around with (was getting 36-37 depending on driving city, now an easy 38.5 with out worrying about it as long as i dont floor it everywhere). if i babied it the whole time id be getting 4 more mpg. i also took of the rubber grommet around the hose intake connected to the hood/front bumper for a little more added air. got a k and n on the way. and probably will just take of the intake hose too its sucking more air from where the resonator was (closer/larger opening) the hose seems pointless. ill let you know.

took off the intake hose, and the tube connecting to the resonator box. revs higher much easier, and is loud as hell over 3k rpm but im getting 40mpg city with eco style driving. this using stock air filter running 87 octane (i see a slight performance drop versus 91 that i was using in the top end, but better throttle response in low end. will fill the next tank with 91 to see if its better or worse.) free mods for a 10 mpg increase versus window sticker (or 4 mpg for my style driving) cant complain. k&n filter should arrive thursday. well see if anything changes after that.

put the k&n in this morning.. with both the resonator pipe and snorkel off with the k&n in it does run smoother, quieter than versus stock filter, but i o feel less power, and it seems to stay in a slightly higher (+150) versus stock. mpg looks to be about the same so far. my goal is either great mpg (40+ city) or much better performance. so far seems to be improving both but neither is good enough. will start mix and matching resonator pipes and snorkel on and with k&n to see what happens. then fill up with 91 octane and try combinations again. ill keep you posted.

nice, looks good. I've been playing around mix and matching both opening (snorkel, and resonator) stock filter and k&n and gasoline octanes (87 & 91) theres definite differences, especially doing different setups and filling up with different octanes. mpg changes about 1-2 but performance and off the line acceleration has huge noticeable differences.

i put one of the performance typhoon intakes on my 1.4L turbo sonic its a lot louder you can hear the sucking and turbo psssssss... mileage is better but performance isn't noticeable. not sure if it was worth the $200+ versus just buying the basic filter.

ill post my finds on combinations of performance/mileage in the next week or so still need to do 1 more tank of gas with one last configuration. but so far 87 octane, k&n filter resonator on snorkel off is looking the best all around