oil consumption - program code 14110 - pcv valve

A new program popped up today and Patsy from customer support sent me a pm. She said there is some problem on their computers and she doesn't have additional details yet, but will post those details when she gets the info. For now all we know is that it is program code 14110 covering oil consumption due to defective pcv.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

• I would not spend time worrying about the engine problems reported by some as I did some work finding out exactly what the issues and root causes were by talking to both GM, the head of service at m

Not much at this point, I would start out by returning to the dealership with a copy of your invoice, and expressing your concerns to the service manager. See what he tells you, and if you get no sati

Mine just had the cel flashing and traction control light on while missfiring very bad for the first 30 seconds after starting it after sitting overnight, it went away on its own. It goes to the deale

Posted Images

Hopefully this is why I've had to add a small amount of oil the last couple of months, about a quarter of a qt after 2k miles. I'm going to ask my dealer about this today, and schedule a time. I'm having my dealer do this oil change, too. I'll be marking my oil filter, too, after one bad experience with a dealer in Texas not replacing it becouse they were out, and not telling me about it lol.

I went out to the dealer this morning and asked about this. They printed off the information and ordered the parts. The date was August 13, 2014.

I wanted to nip this in the bud before I started having the problem. I now have 5200 miles on mine.

Can you post the info for the work? Is it just the revised PVC valve.

Can you post the info for the work? Is it just the revised PVC valve.

I called my dealership this morning to make an appointment to have the work done. He is waiting for the part, as it is a brand new PCV valve, that hasn't been released yet. He has been excellent up to now, and I don't have any reasons to doubt him. He claims some dealerships have done the recall work using their stock valves, which is just replacing bad, with the bad. He told me to check with him next week, to see if the parts have come in. Outside of that, no idea what else the campaign entails.

I called my dealership this morning to make an appointment to have the work done. He is waiting for the part, as it is a brand new PCV valve, that hasn't been released yet. He has been excellent up to now, and I don't have any reasons to doubt him. He claims some dealerships have done the recall work using their stock valves, which is just replacing bad, with the bad. He told me to check with him next week, to see if the parts have come in. Outside of that, no idea what else the campaign entails.

This is what I was looking for. So there is a updated valve.

I'm at my dealer right now and they are going to order the new pcv valve. I was also told that they would be checking/replacing spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle body. I have not had any oil consumption issues but I only have around 11,000 miles on my car and want to get it fixed before any problems start. They told me I was the first person to ask about this recall.

*This is my first time at this dealer but they seem much better than the previous. Much more professional and organized. Hopefully the part comes in quickly and can fix the consumption issue many of you have had.

I'll be sure to update once the valve and necessary work is completed.

This is what I was looking for. So there is a updated valve.

Yep, completely changed animal, with a new part #. I haven't had any consumption issues, but might as well go for it. My service writer was telling me that they are going insane, with all the GM recalls, and they have 20 fully functional service bays.

I'm at my dealer right now and they are going to order the new pcv valve. I was also told that they would be checking/replacing spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle body. I have not had any oil consumption issues but I only have around 11,000 miles on my car and want to get it fixed before any problems start. They told me I was the first person to ask about this recall.

*This is my first time at this dealer but they seem much better than the previous. Much more professional and organized. Hopefully the part comes in quickly and can fix the consumption issue many of you have had.

Same here, mine is going in next week, provided the parts arrive by then, which I'd be surprised if they do arrive that soon instead of 2-4 weeks like the a/c parts did for that recall. It's nice the recall also covers replacing spark plugs and cleaning the throttle body, since those need to be done if there was pcv problems anyway.

Hey there,

Happy to hear that you have brought this into the dealership, and that they are taking care of this. Please be sure to update me after the repair! I appreciate any feedback :).

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care