Transmission gears grinding the stick

My car has 28500 miles and lately when I am stopping and put the stick in first gear it feels as if the gears are moving and are grinding the stick, so I have to take the stick back to neutral and move it forward once more. Some other times it is really hard to put the stick in first gear, all the other shifts work normal but first gear is giving me a lot of problems, at the beginning I though I wasn't pressing the clutch all the way through, but then I noticed it wasn't the problem.

Has anyone else gone through the same situation?

I am taking the car to the dealer tomorrow.

I went to the dealer today but they said the person in charge of transmissions wasn't there and they gave me and appointment for tomorrow, then they called me 7 hours later to tell me they cannot help me because they just realized the person in charge of transmissions is on vacation for a week. I had to schedule another appointment in another dealer 55 miles away from me. I just wasted one day. Very bad service >:/

I went to the dealer today but they said the person in charge of transmissions wasn't there and they gave me and appointment for tomorrow, then they called me 7 hours later to tell me they cannot help me because they just realized the person in charge of transmissions is on vacation for a week. I had to schedule another appointment in another dealer 55 miles away from me. I just wasted one day. Very bad service >:/

Hi Genny,

Our apologies if you had a bad experience at your dealership. I can certainly understand your frustration with having to go to a different dealership. If any assistance is needed on our end, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Andraya

GM Customer Care