Does anyone know what a healthy car battery for the Spark should be at during runtime? I'm going to get one of those

voltage meters to read the car battery in the cigg. socket. Just wondering what the healthy range is and then I'll know if my voltage

is low, maybe my battery needs replacing? I've only owned the car for 5 weeks now, and don't know if the previous owner had changed batteries or if it is still the original battery (which would be around 3 years old now).

Also, does anyone know if I can upgrade the battery to a higher capacity (as long as it fits in the space given in our engine compartment). The current battery is 45 AH. Can I use something with a higher capacity? Maybe 50 or 55 or 65? Would that hold a larger charge of battery power and therefore after a full charge (driving around for 1 hour or so) could power my car dash cam for well over 24 hours straight? I'm just wondering why the car dash cam doesn't seem to run much longer than 15 hours before it shuts off.

Ok folks, I did a battery change anyways. My previous battery was a 45 AH, 80 RC, 410 CCA battery. I just got a new battery installed and its a 60 AH, 100 RC, 560 CCA (-18 C).

So I think that will definitely give me longer running power for my car cams over night and shouldn't find myself with low power the next day.

Living here in the desert, heat takes a real toll on car batteries. To get 4 years out of one is good. The Spark doesn't need a lot of cranking amps which is a good thing. I often wonder if I could start it with a 12vdc lantern battery? I'll have to try it someday, lol

I have 2 collector cars that do not get driven very often (I drive them a 15-20 miles a week, to prevent deterioration) and I keep battery maintainers connected to them. My daily transportation car is driven enough to keep the battery fully charged. The Wallymart battery in it now is close to 4 years old, and still working fine. The Spark would be replacing that car, so I would hope it would keep the battery charged.

• 1 month later...

Also to answer my own question that I asked, the normal full charge / healthy battery voltage appears to be high 13s (13.8-13.9 ) to 14.1 or 14.2. With my new battery, when driven to fully charge the battery, it's reading output shows 13.8 to 14.1 for me so that must

be the healthy range for a good battery. My old battery was constantly running at around 12.5v or less I think. I think it was even at 10 or 11 volts one time.