Problems with WIndshield Wiper Fluid?

Coming here to hopefully find a solution without taking my month old (to me) 2013 Spark back to the dealer. The long and short of it is that, even with full wiper fluid, I have no spray, and I cannot hear the motor(s) for the spray nozzles running either. Has anyone encountered this problem, or even better, have a DIY fix for it? Thank you all in advance!

If you are not hearing the pumps, then mostly likely you've got a blown fuse, Check the owners manual, they have the fuse layouts in there. I had a problem, but I was able to hear the pump, took it to the dealer, and it was a kinked hose.

Theres a 10amp mini fuse in the fusebox in the engine compartment above the battery, theres a diagram under the plastic cover for the washer pumps. Most auto.parts stores have this size of fuses. If your washer fluid ever freezes, that will also blow that fuse.

Thank you guys so much! I will look at this first thing tomorrow! I am really excited to not have to drive this thing back from the dealer. Also, I want to thank everyone on the Spark forums, even though most will never see this ,for renewing my excitement about owning my first car that is "mine" every time i visit.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That doesn't mean that they were out to get you. A lot of times the service writer's have no idea what they are talking about. So one of three things would have happened. One, the tech checks the fuse first, replaces it and they charge you for a fuse and some labor if that.

Two, the tech replaces the pump, then realizes its the fuse and you get charged for both the pump and the fuse or possibly just the pump to avoid looking dumb.

Three, they notice its the fuse, replace it and then charge you for a new pump.

But the main thing is you were able to fix it yourself and not have to mess with the dealer.

• 2 years later...