Hi all. I recently bought a 2013 1.0LS Spark here in the UK. Found lots of useful info and advice on this forum.

I was wondering if I was supposed to get a key fob remote with it. I only got to standard keys with it. Is that normal. The manual mentions a remote but it's possible they share the same manual across versions.

If you lock or open the car from the driver's door with the supplied key it centrally opens or closes all the doors so it already has central locking.

If it doesn't have a fob can a third party one be fitted just to control just the driver's door as it is already linked and separate actuators are probably not needed in all doors.

Sorry if it has already been covered and thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Deltrus

I find it rude that people ignore a new forum member.

If you don't know the answer then at least someone have the courtesy to say so or explain that you don't understand my question.

Or if I'm not welcome here then let me know so that I can ask the admin to delete my account. :(

I find it rude that people ignore a new forum member.

If you don't know the answer then at least someone have the courtesy to say so or explain that you don't understand my question.

Or if I'm not welcome here then let me know so that I can ask the admin to delete my account. :(

I seriously doubt you are being ignored, the people on this board are extremely helpful, but as 21783 Mike stated, the US, and UK models are different in a lot of ways. But to try to answer a small part of your question, when I purchased my 2013 Spark, I received two keys with attached fobs, sort of a stiletto style, where the key pivots out of the fob, at the press of a button. I have no idea if a fob can be retrofitted to the UK version of the Spark, this is something that you would need to ask of GM UK.

To add to what Walt said, an after market remote keyless entry can be installed. You weren't being ignored either. It's usually good "forum etiquette", to not answer if you do not know an answer. I'd rather get no answer than people saying "I don't know". Lol. Gotta remember also that people don't sit here waiting for posts to answer. Be patient.

Thanks guys. I guess you are right. It's not an official customer support forum so I probably should have been more patient. Sorry for the amateur dramatics.

I'll do a little digging around and will post my findings about the UK spec.

I just recently posted my keyless entry install after a lot of research and I can tell you that the European version of this car has different wiring colors than the US so you need to make sure you know where the post is coming from.

Edited by toille27