Spark Toad ( behind RV) in Mississippi

We have a 2014 Spark Lt 5 speed set up with Roadmaster brakes for a tow car, on our first trip it towed and easy to hook up and fuel milage on our diesel coach increased about .4 mpg from towing a 2013 F150 4x4 CC . We really enjoyed the Spark for ease of geting around, parking , fuel milage and just a fun car to drive.

We have a 2014 Spark Lt 5 speed set up with Roadmaster brakes for a tow car, on our first trip it towed and easy to hook up and fuel milage on our diesel coach increased about .4 mpg from towing a 2013 F150 4x4 CC . We really enjoyed the Spark for ease of geting around, parking , fuel milage and just a fun car to drive.

Should be Roadmaster Brakets

Walt

Hi Walt,

That is the idea on our Spark. To tow behind our Class C.

I have purchased the base plate, but have not installed it yet.

The Spark has been a great little car, except for AC.

We have a 2011 Born Free. Our first RV. So Have lots to learn.

Joined Good Sam and Escapees with lots of questions.

Happy Safe travels.

Stay in touch on how the Toad works out.

• 1 month later...

Steve when I set up my Spark I set it up to use a Roadmaster Brakemaster toad brake, I know a lot of folks will say that this is not nessary but I think it is, anyway I was worried that my brake lights from the toad (as the brakes from the coach activates the toad brake) would cover up the right or left signal light but found out that the bottom portion of the tail lights on the spark are only turn signals and tail lights and top portion are stop and tail lights so using Roadmaster diodes I hooked the coach lights to the bottom portion of the lights and dont need a brake relay or fuse bypass.

Walt

2014 Spark for toad and 2013 F150 CC 4X4 toad pushing a 2000 Monaco Dynasty

• 1 month later...

I just bought my 2013 Spark LS (manual tranny) last week and this week am having Roadmaster's All Terrain tow bar and brackets installed for "Sparky." I invested in a SMI Stay-In-Play Duo brake system that will also be installed after that. Within the last week or so on one of the national RV forums (can't remember which), I've seen a map of the US with each state showing what their laws are for towing a toad, and all but about five of them required a supplemental brake system -- wasn't optional. I have a Class C 30' and can't even imagine going down a steep grade without a supplemental brake system if I'm towing. It's tricky enough as it is, depending on the grade, not having air brakes.

I've owned motor homes for years but never could get finances and knowledge together to tow, and the prevailing worry I have right now is how does towing even the 12-foot Spark affect your pivot point on turning right or left so that you don't climb curbs or hit a telephone pole -- or, God forbid, a gas pump. Can anyone tell me what your experience has been?