OMG, can this be true??? There is no TRUNK BUTTON? I can't open my trunk without using my remote key

to unlock the trunk. Usually every car has a trunk button somewhere that you can press so it opens/unlocks the trunk.

I've had to reach into my pocket a few times now and pull out the key remote to unlock the trunk which is very annoying since it's

in my pocket as I'm sitting in the car.

Tell me there is an actual TRUNK Button somewhere on the car!

Hello cornflakes,

I took a look into the 2013 Spark Owner's Manual, and to unlock or lock the lift gate you have to press the lock or unlock button on the inside of the door. To open the liftgate, after pressing the unlock button in the vehicle, pull the handle and lift up. I hope this information helps!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

Hmm....mine does not have an electronic UNLOCK button in the car. If I want to unlock the door, I have to manually lift up the knob of my door to unlock the door and get out. The only other way is to reach for my keyless smart remote and press unlock there to unlock all the doors including the trunk.

Wow. I'm shocked that in today's day, a car doesn't have a button to unlock and open the trunk! Every car I've ever driven had one.

• 2 years later...

I am pretty sure there is no trunk open lever or button inside my 2017 LS. Not a big deal. I just ask my wife to get get out and open the trunk with the spare key. She can use the exercise :)

Look at the positive side, if a thief breaks window and gets inside the car, he can't open the trunk either without a key, so I store all my spare cash in the trunk :) 

Edited by Bobby MSME
:)
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chevy Malibu Driver

There is no turnk unlock button inside Chevy Malibu's BUT there is a little black button on the outside of the trunk. Look on the rear lights on the trunk. Hope this helps. 

P.S only opens when the car is unlocked. Will not open when car is locked.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/17/2017 at 0:01 AM, Bobby MSME said:

Look at the positive side, if a thief breaks window and gets inside the car, he can't open the trunk either without a key, so I store all my spare cash in the trunk :) 

Bobby, I guess, you are not keeping your spare million $$$ in trunk, if Nicolas Cage is there both your car n cash will be "Gone in 60sec". Just joking.:lol:

Mine is 1gen Indian spark, all I have is a small latch release next to driver door, else key is required. Poor thing is they have given a door switch in bonnet but not in hatch so if someone manage to open hatch my remote lock system doesn't sound. Thinking of drilling a hole and put a door switch in hatch.

On 6/11/2014 at 11:25 AM, Widget said:

Think yourselves lucky, the UK Spark I had didn't even have a trunk handle, the trunk had to be opened with the key everytime.

There is no formal handle on my 2017 Spark LS, but there is a notch under the trunk lid which works same as an external  handle. After I unlock the trunk with a key, I hear a clicking sound, and then stick my hand in that notch to open the trunk lid.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:44 PM, ChevyBeat said:

Bobby, I guess, you are not keeping your spare million $$$ in trunk, if Nicolas Cage is there both your car n cash will be "Gone in 60sec". Just joking.:lol:

No worries, my money is now safely buried in the backyard under the banyan tree :) The hatch was just too small for storing all those worthless inflated one $ bills!

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the 2019 Chevy Spark and NO trunk release button.  Nerve wrecking everytime i need to put something in there i HAVE TO use the darn key WHOSE FREAKIN IDEA WAS THAT smh

4 hours ago, Guest Lady said:

I have the 2019 Chevy Spark and NO trunk release button.  Nerve wrecking everytime i need to put something in there i HAVE TO use the darn key WHOSE FREAKIN IDEA WAS THAT smh

So if you had a trunk release button and you activate it, you still have to get out of the car to take things out or put things in the trunk, right? 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Chevy spark
On 4/14/2017 at 9:24 PM, Guest Reese's said:

I have been driving myself crazy looking for the trunk release inside the vehicle. Not having it is truly inconvenient. 

If you stick your finger in the hole where the latch sits from inside the car there is a tiny black lever in there lift it up it will release the trunk. That’s how I have to open mine now because it won’t open any other way anymore 

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2019 at 1:32 PM, Guest Chevy spark said:

If you stick your finger in the hole where the latch sits from inside the car there is a tiny black lever in there lift it up it will release the trunk. That’s how I have to open mine now because it won’t open any other way anymore 

How does one reach that latch? From the rear door? That would not be convenient. My 2017 Spark LS has a cover over the trunk area, which would be in the way to reach the latch.

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 1 year later...
Guest Lnofjdh

The most insane trunk unlock I've ever encountered. I've got a rental without a manual..tried suggestions here and nothing worked. It opened one time so I could load groceries, other then dropping my keys I don't know how that happened.  I combed every button knob and switch from front to back ,under the seat and in the glove box. I started to wonder if the latch release was in the trunk. Chevy should have equipped this car with a crowbar under the seat.. These genious engineers should have gone into video game developement.. furthermore who came up with keyless entry?  What happens if the fob doesn't do the trick or you lose it? The adage,  If somethings not broke don't try to fix it has never been more applicable. Was sticking a key in the door really to much work for this tech addicted generation? Alexa, open my doors! I'd imagine people with "Smart" stupid keys in their pockets have set things in motion just walking around. What's next, voice command so that if you have a cold your not getting in till your voice returns to normal. If it wasn't  so cold in Wisconsin I'd take the doors and trunk lid off altogether..praying my 96 jeep hangs on for a bit longer. 

P.S. I flipped the back seat down to let my mother in law out of the trunk..Good luck, I hope you've found this helpful