Did a favor by taking a buddy to the airport at 5am. On the way home on I-70, here come 4 deer jumping over the median. You can guess the rest of the story.

10274198_10202379802078580_5930235360091

I was supposed to trade it in tomorrow. What you cant really see in the pic are a few dings in the driver and passenger door, And got does this think smell awful. Whatever deer I hit must not have taken a dump in a while.

Praying they total this car out. What do you guys think?

And surprisingly the airbags didn't deploy, I hit the thing doing 65...

WOW, that is way worse than my car. Everyone OK?

Rough estimate is that you are looking at about $5000 unless they need to paint the roof.

Hard to tell if the subframe where the fender attaches is damaged, but that might drive the price up considerably.

I think you can still work out the trade, just going to put in a delay, the car should still be worth about as much as the trade was going to give after it is fixed, so there should be some give and take regarding the check. Did you actually have a contract to buy the other car? That will help you because you have already contracted to give them a car worth XXX dollars so the insurance company should be forced to provide the difference.

You would be in a better bargaining position if all the airbags went, about $600 each for the part plus labor to install them gets up close to $1000 each really fast!

Yeah, I'm not sure what its going to cost. Alot of stuff to take into account, The paint is ruined on the roof and drivers side, that whole drivers front needs replaced. Alot of the stuff that is everything behind the bumper and quarter panel (well where it was) is cracked or destroyed. We'll see what happens. I got off the phone with my salesman who sounds 100% confident that I'm not going to take a loss on anything. So I'm praying.

Ironic it happened right before trade in. Must have scared the crap outa the deer, lol. I know if I hit a deer around me, the Spark would be done for, becouse they're almost as large as elk, which we also have in large numbers outside the city. Hitting something over 500lbs at speed will set airbags off.

Edited by austex04

Ironic it happened right before trade in. Must have scared the crap outa the deer, lol. I know if I hit a deer around me, the Spark would be done for, becouse they're almost as large as elk, which we also have in large numbers outside the city. Hitting something over 500lbs at speed will set airbags off.

Then you run into Elk and moose once you hit the citys closer to the hills like Buckley, Enumclaw, Covington... Which is the area I live in.. My biggest fear, hitting a creature bigger than my car which is easy to run by in WA lol!

So the inspector estimated 4,100. He then said, "But once they really get into it, its probably going to be considerably more." I traded it in to a chevy dealer, who took the bloody car. I'm just going to sign over the check from Geico. I ended up getting a brand new 2014 Cruze Eco for 17,000. With free window tint, and a stack of oil change vouchers. They gave me 9500 for the Spark which I was thrilled about. The Cruze is much much nicer. So glad to be out of that Spark!