For some reason car wouldn't start

I have 2011 Chevy Spark/Matiz Creative (overseas), under 30,000 km and for some reason this morning

when I went to turn it on, it wouldn't start.

It's a push button engine where you don't use a key but u put ur foot gently down on the brake and press the button

and it should start up automatically. I thought at first it might be the battery, but I had just driven 100km the day before

so the battery should have been charged and fine. The GPS navigation system turned on, the radio worked, and so did

the A/C, fans etc, so it didn't seem to be the battery, but the engine wouldn't start for about 15 minutes. Then I tinkered with the remote control/transponder and it still didn't turn on but about 5 min after I tinkered with it, it turned on.

What do you think could be an issue here? The battery? The remote/transponder? Was there a setting that I had turned off to prevent the engine from starting on the remote? Could it be another issue? Maybe low engine oil (no lights or warnings signs are lit though).

Also, mine has a bit of a "empty tin can" rattling sound. Not sure if it's a stock exhaust or a aftermarket one as the rear splits into 2 separate pipes that then have a dual exhaust tip at the end on both sides. I looked underneath and it looks to be a pretty stock, just the look of having 2 dual exhaust tips (4 tips in total) looks like it's tuned i guess.

I thought maybe at first it was just the exhaust sound....a rumble as most tuned/aftermarket looking cat-backs sound like. But then it has started to sound a little more like something else....it usually is heard when I'm idling or at low speeds and upon start up....u can't really hear it when im crusing along (maybe because the white noise).

Do you think it's a simple case of a loose/shaky heatshield or something else that is loose that just needs to be tightened, or could this be a more serious issue?

I think the sound gets a little louder when I turn on the A/C cuz I hear something get louder whenever I press the AC on.

After taking it in, it seems that I'm supposed to actually press and hold the button for 3 seconds to start it. It seems to work just fine now when I do that. But strange thing is I remember before

I only had it push the button once and not hold it and it would start (of course with the foot down on the brake too).

The service man did say that he thinks the button is not in the best condition so maybe something is happening to the push button that is not sending the signal clearly to start the engine.

In any case, the past 3 days or so it's been working fine now. But I still get that odd, miss now and then when I push and hold and still didn't start.

Hi cornflakes,

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your vehicle. I understand that you have taken your vehicle to the dealership and your concern has been resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact GM of Canada. Their number is 800-263-3777 and they can be reached Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 11:30 PM and Saturday form 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST.

Best Regards,

Kristen A.

Chevrolet Customer Care