Fairly new car changed its battery?? Why?

Why do you think the battery was changed ? Could be a lot of reasons but sometimes a battery is just bad .When I bought my first CRZ in 2011 , a bunch of people had bad batteries that had to be replaced on their new car.Sometimes there's a bad batch.living in a very hot area can kill a new battery in a few years too.

ok, i generally thought batteries should last at least 4 or 5 years before you need to start worrying about changing it out. When I saw that 2011 model with under 30,000 km had already changed one, i was just wondering why it would have.....some problem maybe?

I had two car batteries die when they were only a year old. Maybe lot rot, maybe heat, maybe just cheaply made batteries? Running them down, like leaving lights and things turned on for long periods without the engine running will kill a battery fast.

Car batteries can last anywhere from one all the way up to ten years. It depends on quite a few factors. Here where I live in the desert, the heat takes a real toll on batteries and one is lucky it they get 4 years out of one. If a battery happens to get discharged often (for whatever reason), it will have a shorter life expectancy than normal however,

Batteries, and tires, and a few other parts on new cars are substandard. And the reason for that is because the car manufacturers are not willing to pay anything for them. Back during the Ford Explorer/Firestone tire fiasco (which turned out to be Ford's fault for recommending tire pressures that were way too low) it was revealed that Ford paid Firestone only $8 each for those tires. You would have to pay 10 times that for them. Manufacturers look for the cheapest batteries, light bulbs, windshield wipers they can get. The car business is all about making money, and that applies to all manufacturers. They cut corners as close as they think they can and still get away with it.