So what features or changes do you think that will make the Spark a better car?

For a start, I think the car needs a parking camera as standard or at least an option. I know the car is easy to park but the camera would help ensure that you do not run over a small child.

Secondly, I think chevy needs to give an option for a 1.4 or turbocharged 1.0 engine without sacrificing fuel economy like those ford ecoboost engine.

Thats it for now, what is your ideas?

So what features or changes do you think that will make the Spark a better car?

For a start, I think the car needs a parking camera as standard or at least an option. I know the car is easy to park but the camera would help ensure that you do not run over a small child.

Secondly, I think chevy needs to give an option for a 1.4 or turbocharged 1.0 engine without sacrificing fuel economy like those ford ecoboost engine.

Thats it for now, what is your ideas?

The ONE thing that I think would make the Spark a better car.....BIGGER outside mirrors !!!! They are too small and the fact that they get smaller as they angle out makes matters even worse. As far as Turbos, I have no use for them on gas engines. And Ford has had their share of problems with their Ecoboost engines. Back up camera would be a good idea too,,,they become mandatory on all vehicles in 2016 or 2017. For now I would just like BIGGER outside mirrors.

Definitely larger mirrors, our mirrors are supposed to be aerodynamic, but I'll take the small mpg hit. I'd also like the backup camera, they were supposed to offer the option, for whatever reason it never happened. They are available on the Canadian, and European models. There are plenty of aftermarket units out there now, but having the display on the mylink would be nice.

Definitely larger mirrors, our mirrors are supposed to be aerodynamic, but I'll take the small mpg hit. I'd also like the backup camera, they were supposed to offer the option, for whatever reason it never happened. They are available on the Canadian, and European models. There are plenty of aftermarket units out there now, but having the display on the mylink would be nice.

Yes WALT,,,the mirrors are aerodynamic but they could be even a bit bigger and still aerodynamic. I would GLADLY give up a mpg or even 2mpg, just for bigger mirrors. I have to always look over my should to make sure the lane next to me is clear before I change lanes. Shouldn't have to do that really and decent size mirrors would easily solve this issue. Even if the damn mirrors were a true rectangle, rather than narrowing down to nothing at the far edge. Really a dumb design and it is by far my biggest complaint with the car,,,at least so far. As far as a back up camera, idk,,,somewhat of an overkill I think. I can understand them on mini vans and large SUVs with huge blind spots to the rear. On smaller cars with fairly decent view to the back, idk. I usually walk around the back of my car before getting into it and tend to be fairly aware if anyone or anything is behind me. If Iarger mirrors ever came out to replace the stock ones, I would purchase and put on in a heartbeat,

Lets see, improved reliability and availability of parts. There should be a slightly larger/wider wheel option for LT models, and a performance suspension option for 2LT models to improve handling and driving dynamics, so it can compete with the Fiesta and Mazda2. A turbo option would be nice, using the same 1.2 engine with the turbo setup simular to the Cruze/Sonic, put on the 2LT Spark. That would increase sales and profit on that Spark model becouse it would give buyers more reasons to buy the most expensive Spark.

In order to put these performance options to use they would need to lower the car's center of gravity which is going to be very hard with the frame design. Alternative would be to make it wider with some flared fenders and different axels. Call is the S model or something like that. But those S(port) models get damn expensive like the Fiesta ST with the 1.6 turbo ecoboost engine.

Tuners claim 175 horses out of the ecoboost 1.0 liter engine (pumaspeed), not sure I would want to push it that hard.

While there are a lot of things that would make it better, they would also make it more expensive, and price is the main reason I want a Spark. I would be getting an upscale LT automatic, I am partially disabled and need the auto and especially the cruise control. I could do without the power windows, door locks, and mirrors. Those things have all failed on my Malibu. What I really think would make the Spark a better car is better reliability and better support from GM.

1. Shorter first gear on manuals, put in a heavier clutch, or at least one that is travel adjustable. This would be an inexpensive option for GM.

2. Put in the 1.2 engine from the Opel Adam, or a down stroked 1.4 from the Sonic, which I think they will eventually do, this would bring up the Spark to compete in power with the Fiat 500 and the Ford Fiesta.

3. More soundproofing, specially on the floor pan

4. Make the hood from fibreglass, this would mitigate the onslaught of rock chips and lower weight even further.

5. Make a spare tire kit optional.

6. Make cruise control optional on LS models.

7. More padding on the front seats, with additional side support.