• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far everyone that has taken their car in, hasn't had a problem, it seems your dealer is an asshole, that has it out for you, and it doesn't seem he is going to go out of his way to do you any favor

Hey stevesparky, All recalls and parts are VIN specific. With this particular recall, it pertains to the 2013-2014 models. If you would like me to look into the status of your Spark, just send me a P

With this recall going on, they should be stocking these parts. If they knew up front why you were bringing in, they should've told you, not to bring it in until Thursday, or whenever they knew the pa

At a recent visit to my GM dealer I popped the hood of a new 2014 Spark 1LT in the showroom. I noticed a big difference in the A/C compressor assembly. It had what appeared to be a different compressor, bigger clutch and some other modules on top of the compressor topped off by a small heat shield. Looks like they may have resolved the A/C issue in the later build 2014's as the earlier builds of the 2014 don't have that. I'll snap a pix & post it next I am by the dealer.

Mine went back to the dealer for the A/C again! The compressor is cycling again causing cool cold. Should find out something shortly. Will post whet they find.

That's bad news, hopefully they get it resolved. That's why I'm hesitant to take mine in. My A/C has always performed "normal" to me; I'm afraid they will destroy it, with the "fix."

Bad news. The dealer was on the phone with GM and they said it is operating normally other than the recirc flap sticking. Parts on order. The service advisor agreed that it was still cycling and isn't right but said they can't do anything else until GM figures something else out. I was hoping the recall would finally fix the A/C issue and it seemed fine for about a week but now it is back to business as usual. And to top it off I just checked the oil and it is barely showing on the stick. Will it ever end with this freaking car?

It's funny that the HVAC always works better for a short time, so there must be something getting fixed, they just need to figure out what is going bad. The GM person might be part of the bigger problem, he should be at the damn shop seeing why this repair didn't stay fixed.

Bad news. The dealer was on the phone with GM and they said it is operating normally other than the recirc flap sticking. Parts on order. The service advisor agreed that it was still cycling and isn't right but said they can't do anything else until GM figures something else out. I was hoping the recall would finally fix the A/C issue and it seemed fine for about a week but now it is back to business as usual. And to top it off I just checked the oil and it is barely showing on the stick. Will it ever end with this freaking car?

Hey Classing,

I apologize for this. If you would like any further assistance with this, I would be happy to look into this further for you. I'm just a PM away!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

Holy Crap, maybe I might wait. The fix is good till 2016.

I can't even get one of the reps on here to get the PDF of the fix. The detailed instructions the service tech uses, this can't be hard can

It? I would really like to know what they are doing to my investment.

Edited by bluer101

That info. is protected as much as any other service info. And considering that there should be a set of wires already in place, I still don't see why they need to run a new set. Also remember that this job pays a certain number of hours, if the tech. gets it done in fewer hours, they still get paid for those hours but can move on to the next job. Any shortcuts that can be taken by a hack, will be taken to be able to make more money in a day. Punching a hole in the rubber is easy and fast, unwrapping the electrical tape and feed the wires through in the proper place and then wrapping it back with new tape is HARD.

That info. is protected as much as any other service info. And considering that there should be a set of wires already in place, I still don't see why they need to run a new set. Also remember that this job pays a certain number of hours, if the tech. gets it done in fewer hours, they still get paid for those hours but can move on to the next job. Any shortcuts that can be taken by a hack, will be taken to be able to make more money in a day. Punching a hole in the rubber is easy and fast, unwrapping the electrical tape and feed the wires through in the proper place and then wrapping it back with new tape is HARD.

Yep, I used to be in the autobody business. That's one of the reasons I'm so picky when it comes to my personal stuff. Most don't give a crap about your car. It's very hard to find quality dealer with quality service techs.

I have not asked, but has the service manual come out yet, Greg?

• 1 month later...

Mine will get the pressure switch and harness. They had to order the parts. Supposed to be next week.

Well mine was done yesterday 2.5 months after the parts were first ordered. It took a month to get the parts, when they started to do the work they discovered that one of the parts were damaged in shipping. So the part was reordered that took another 5 weeks to come in. They installed the parts and when they went to reprogram the bcm it crashed.... Amazingly they were able to get a new one the next day. All in all the dealer has been good, GM just doesn't seem to have their sh*t together yet... Hopefully that is changing as they do have a lot of cleaning up to do from the clowns who had been running the show the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by my dealerships service center that my car had a recall on a part on the ac but it was running fine (my car is a 2014 spark that was less the. 6 months old) and it was "blowing ice cubes" but they took it in to *test* it. Be t thing I know they tell me they are replacing the compressor. Now I have to turn the fan on it all the way up Just to get it to blow cold and if it's idling (regardless if it's in park, at a stop sign, or stop ligh) it doesn't blow cold at all. They basically took something that wasn't broken to *fix* it and broke it. I went back to the dealership and they refused to do anything other then tell me to take it back to the service center. Now considering that every time I take it to the service center my car comes out if it with more damage to it then when I took it in. 1.Hail damage which the New Car GM suggested I call my insurance for. 2. They cut the driver side seat belt cover which they had to replace while performing a repair on it when it was less the. 3 months old. 3. They had to replace the center console they damaged while replacing the cut seat belt cover. 4. Then they scratched BOTH seat belt covers AND nicked my dashboard while replacing the console. On the invoice for the seat belt cover they put I brought it in because it wasn't working right. For the in pice on the ac there was nothing about a recall but that I brought it in because it was blowing cold intermittently. When I this tothe New Car GM he said the damage done to the interior of my car was so minor I should just learn to live with it. Then he offered to let me trade in my new car on something else, of course the damage showing on it would naturally depreciate the value so I couldn't expect to get anywhere near what I paid for it n spite of the fact it was all done by their service center. I even mentioned getting a lawyer to which he answered that a lawyer wouldn't be interested in my case because it was so "minor".

You need to go to a different dealer for service!

I've had some of the same messing around that never shows up on an invoice or something the dealer breaks that then gets billed against warranty. Lots of crooks in the auto business, and somehow those crooks didn't get the axe in the 2009 dealer shutdowns while some good places were closed!

Well, I brought my Spark in to have the parts for the A/C recall installed, and it seems so far as if it is a slight improvement.

They had given me a 2014 Sonic as a loaner while they had my car, and when I drove it to go pick up my Spark the air was so cold I had to lower the fan speed to #2!

When I got my Spark back, I drove the same exact route back home and the Spark's fan was on #4 all the way home and it was just comfortable (not cold, not even cool, just comfortable) inside.

I guess that's the best we can hope for. :sad:

Edited by Gossamer
  • 10 months later...

Is this still continuing to be fixed? Bought my spark 2 months ago and the ac blows, no pun intended. Does not cool and in my hour plus commute in stopped traffic in over 90 degree weather I'm covered in sweat by the time I arrive home. So miserable.

Yes. According to the GM Notice I received sometime in late 2014, it indicated that this A/C recall program would be available up to April 2016. I have a 2013 Spark that, for some reason, never had a problem with the A/C so I did not take advantage of that program. Still blows cold after about 55K+mi. and living in the Miami area it is on almost all the time.

I got the notice on my 13 even though the A/C worked fine . The dealer checked it and found nothing wrong but did the BCM update at that time . I saw the internal memo dealers received from GM . Many cars were not going to need anything and very few would need a new compressor. Some got a new wiring harness . Fortunately all the recalls and TSB for my Spark were taken care of while I had my oil changed , so I was always out in less than 2 hours .

Hello All,

We can look up anyone's VIN to see if your vehicle is associated to the recall. The dealership will also be able to look up your VIN, and confirm this. If anyone needs any assistance with their dealership, we would be happy to assist you all! Thanks!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

PM sent about this and my Transmission Shuttering issue.
  • 1 month later...

In response to "Gossamer" QUOTE :"since our resident Chevy representatives told me that they are no longer allowed to talk to me".. That's because you more than likely threatened them by saying something like" I'm calling my Lawyer! ".. At that point, when the word Lawyer is used, changes the whole ball game.. THE DEALER WILL STOP HELPING, AND TURN IT OVER TO THEIR LEGAL TEAM, THUR DSM, AND GM TAC/TARP.. This is the type of cases I loved getting into, and typically within 5 min of reviewing the case, I had it resolved, and prevented the buyback, and customer was finally happy..

Actually Gary, I was promised a replacement vehicle due to all the problems I have had with the car.

After the replacement failed to materialize I went to the BBB and they did nothing (they didn't even inspect the car).

So I actually called and hired a lawyer who contacted GM and they refused to even deal with him since I "lost" the BBB's sham of a hearing.

So since I had/have a legitimate case, he advised me to file in civil court ($5,000 retainer + fees), and I would "probably" win and they would "probably" have to pay his fees.

Since I could not afford to give him the money upfront (I'm retired) I fired him and tried to deal with GM and the representatives here myself (again).

Which is when they told me that they could no longer speak to me since I had a lawyer.

I explained that I did NOT have a lawyer, and was told they would not speak to me anyway.

• 8 months later...

My 2013 spark has problems with the a/c. I took it to my local dealership. Since Sept 2015 they have not been able to find the problem. My mother goes to the same dealership. We don't live together and I keep my business to myself. The service agent told her that i use my air conditioning too much. WHAT? First of all that is my business. He had no right to discuss my car with anyone but me. I have paid well over $300.00 to find the problem. They never told me about the recall. My car could've been fixed a long time ago. I'm so mad! HELP