New to the forum...2014 2LT automatic - Salsa!

We just took delivery yesterday (April 25th 2014). So far we are really happy with the car. We have about 200 miles on our Salsa Red Spark and we are seeing 39 MPG. Big change from the 2007 GMC Envoy trade-in. I noticed some wind noise coming from the rear doors, is that common?

Hello sparkee,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 2014 Chevrolet Spark! We are glad to hear you are enjoying it. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a concern with a noise coming from the rear doors. If there's anything we can do to assist you further, we're always just a private message away!

Andraya R.

Chevrolet Customer Care

Edited by Chevrolet Customer Care

We just took delivery yesterday (April 25th 2014). So far we are really happy with the car. We have about 200 miles on our Salsa Red Spark and we are seeing 39 MPG. Big change from the 2007 GMC Envoy trade-in. I noticed some wind noise coming from the rear doors, is that common?

Did you fold down the rear seat? If so, I think that may be the reason.

Edited by Abdullah Hj Kasim

I also have noticed a bit more noise when the rear seats are down, but not that much really. For a $12,000 to $16,000 car, the Spark seems like it is built quite 'tight' in regards to both wind and road noise. A friend of mine has a 2010 Honda Fit Sport and although it is really a nice car, on concrete highways it is much noisier than my Spark is. I do get a little wind noise which seems to be at the top of the windshield but only at higher highway speeds... like 70mph+

I wonder if the wind noise has something to do with the roof rack on the 2LT? Mine does not have it, and I don't have a noise that's not normal. I do hear the typical road noise that's expected with this class of car.

I wonder if the wind noise has something to do with the roof rack on the 2LT? Mine does not have it, and I don't have a noise that's not normal. I do hear the typical road noise that's expected with this class of car.

The roof rails aren't a problem, when I put the cross bars on, she started to whistle a bit, at around 70 mph. I put a fairing on, and that cut the noise right out.

I have looked at all the weather stripping and found a piece near the passenger front door defective. Looks like it has pulled away from the flat black trim. Going to take it to my dealer and have it checked. Other than that the car has been great. 450 miles and still in the 39-39.5 MPG range.