Hey! first post here, I did as much research on my own as i could. I have a pretty much stock 2013 LS and the lack of cruise control has really been bothering me, almost as much as the $300 price tag on the after market ones.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about possibly jerry rigging your own together? especially if its just a bunch of buttons and the cars BCM takes care of the rest.

One prospect i was looking into was a steering wheel swap, I know guys have been doing this on sonics and cruzes with camaro wheels http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-general-discussion-forum/12402-steering-wheel-swap.html

assuming that the harness is the same behind the wheel you should be able to just bolt a new (possibly leather...) one on and connect or splice in the wires. whether it be a spark LT wheel or from another similar model.

I also noticed that rostra sells the same model for both sparks and sonics "Rostra 250-9618", so that suggests electronic uniformity. And after installing the Rostra kit you don't have to flash anything so it seems that the car is ready to accept it.

Good idea about the wheel swap, should work but getting the programming changed would be the hard (impossible) part. Since these are fly by wire throttle, the cruise should be purely some buttons to tell the computer of an input and the computer does all the rest.

That said, if you look at the back of the LS wheel, I'm pretty sure there are holes that could be tapped for screws to hold the electonics in place. Not sure about electrical connections because I didn't want to take the time when I was doing my fog lights.

Couldn't you just use a OBD2 plug in of some sort to change the programming? Because I'm pretty sure its just some setting somewhere that you have to change from no to yes. It should already have the the programming it needs to run cruise control.

I saw you post about a service manual coming out for the spark soon, would it detail things like this? ie: the wiring and how to correctly tap into it