HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

If someone from support happened to read my post above and call my dealer, thanks, it saved me from calling.

On to why this is ridiculous... I picked my car up from diagnosis on June 4 which started the waiting for parts. On June 14 the parts arrived... Now almost a month later they finally call me to tell me the parts have arrived, and mentioned that they were at the dealer on the 14th! I bet they try to blame me for not getting this done earlier! I bet it will be into or the end of next week before I'm able to get an appointment to bring my car in, adding another insult.

This from a dealer that called specifically and only to tell me that I would be receiving a survey in the mail and if I couldn't answer positively to all questions that I should talk to the general manager before sending the survey! I'm still not sure if that was some form of intimidation or just trying to make sure that whatever I didn't feel was right got corrected. Either way, they are not supposed to tell you what to write on the survey, if you've ever received one of these you'll notice a question of check box to let the survey company know that the dealer told you it was going to arrive and I think there is a fill in area to let you tell the survey company if the dealer has tried to persuade you in any way.

It would have been July 22 if I needed one of the dealer's loaners, so I asked if they could get Chevy to rent me a car, now it is going in Tuesday morning and I'll have an Enterprise car until my car is ready.

Im new to this forum. My husband's 2013 spark has been 3 times for the A/C. Each time dealer says its fine. Getting real upset with this!!!!!

Is your husband active on the forum, smc2lrc? We can gather his contact and vehicle information and document any present vehicle issues within our database for future reference. If he'd like to call Chevrolet Customer Service at 800-521-7300 they can put his concerns on file as well. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Amber N.

Chevrolet Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...

Finally hot enough for a proper test...

It doesn't cycle from warm to cool to warm anymore.

But...

At anything under about 3200rpm is now only cool, never really blows cold until you get up to around 65mph to 70mph. It's better than nothing but still far from what it really should be.

I had mine to the dealer on July 14, after about two week wait for parts. I was reluctant to get this fixed, as I had not noticed a real problem with the A/C. Unfortunately, it took 4+ hours. Seems the reprogramming didn't take until the third time. Tomorrow is our first 90 degree day, so I will be out giving it the business. The only thing I noticed so far is a hard-soft fan blow, which existed before and after the recall.

"Finally hot enough for a proper test...

It doesn't cycle from warm to cool to warm anymore."

Yeah, you're not going to get frostbite, but it is a marked improvement, over what we had before.

Edited by WaltK

Finally hot enough for a proper test...

It doesn't cycle from warm to cool to warm anymore.

But...

At anything under about 3200rpm is now only cool, never really blows cold until you get up to around 65mph to 70mph. It's better than nothing but still far from what it really should be.

That's really a shame. I still have not been by my dealer. Did you get recirculate door fixed too?

• 4 weeks later...

I've never had an issue with the A/C, but I'm driving to Florida in 3 weeks. So I made the jump, to get it fixed.

I also mentioned the PCV valve; He said the parts are in, they'll do them both. Two hours later, he doesn't have the PCV part, I'll have to come back. Whatever, that's minor.
It's only 82° here right now, so I can't really test it. I did look under the hood, I have the shiny new piece, with a wire loom zip tied all the way to the firewall, just like WaltK's photos. However, they didn't cut the 6" "tails" off of the zip ties. That's annoying.
I did notice on my way home, that it was a chilly 19°F outside, according to MyLink! Perhaps they had my car in the freezer. When I got home, and tried it again, it read 49°F. Hopefully it will come back to reality!

When they did the A/C recall to my car and I picked it up, it was blowing warm air and the MyLink temp said it was -39° F outside, and it would not tune in the XM channels - it kept telling me: "Channel Not Authorized".

After about 5 or 10 minutes the XM channels started working and the air got cooler.

I turned around and brought the car back to the dealer.

After shutting off the car and restarting it 3 times, the air was cool, but the MyLink only went to -15° and then to 19° F.

They kept the car and called me the next day to say it was working fine, and I could come pick it up.

When I asked what was wrong with the radio and air, I was told "nothing, it was working fine when they started it this morning", and "maybe it just needed to reset itself".

So, hopefully yours will come back to reality too! :)

When they did the A/C recall to my car and I picked it up, it was blowing warm air and the MyLink temp said it was -39° F outside, and it would not tune in the XM channels - it kept telling me: "Channel Not Authorized".

After about 5 or 10 minutes the XM channels started working and the air got cooler.

I turned around and brought the car back to the dealer.

After shutting off the car and restarting it 3 times, the air was cool, but the MyLink only went to -15° and then to 19° F.

They kept the car and called me the next day to say it was working fine, and I could come pick it up.

When I asked what was wrong with the radio and air, I was told "nothing, it was working fine when they started it this morning", and "maybe it just needed to reset itself".

So, hopefully yours will come back to reality too! :)

I dont have XM so i am uncertain about that issue. But... My temp gauge did the same thing. i turned around and brought it back in. They attempted to reprogram it while i waited for it. After another hour with no success he took it on a test drive and came back and informed me that he had to research the issue and in fact you have to drive it about a certain MPH to get the temp gauge to reset itself and calibrate to start working again.

That must be why I can get in my car at lunch and see the morning temperature on the display, the roads at work are 25mph and it will show the wrong thing until I get all the way out onto main roads and somewhere around 30mph. Then I'll look over and notice it has jumped 10 or 20 degrees depending on the day.

Hey guys, new spark owner. I just bought mine used. I was somewhat aware of this issue at the time of purchase, but now its starting to get annoying. I live in Florida, I work 15 minutes from my house. I only just got to get on the highway for the first time yesterday and noticed that the air didn't blow cold at all at higher RPMs. It does the cool/warm dance when I'm on city streets, but I had no idea it wouldn't blow cold at all over 60. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a permanent fix yet?

I dont have XM so i am uncertain about that issue. But... My temp gauge did the same thing. i turned around and brought it back in. They attempted to reprogram it while i waited for it. After another hour with no success he took it on a test drive and came back and informed me that he had to research the issue and in fact you have to drive it about a certain MPH to get the temp gauge to reset itself and calibrate to start working again.

My car sits in the driveway in the blazing sun all day long for days without being used, and I have never seen the temperature off by more than a couple of degrees.

No matter which channel I leave it on (I only listen to XM) it goes back to the XM Preview channel when the radio is first turned on after sitting for a few days or longer.

It's working fine again now (or at least as fine as it was), so I'll just chalk it up to one more weird Spark "feature"! :hysterical:

Edited by Gossamer

I've had mine for just over a year. I brought it in a month after I got it and they couldn't find nothing wrong with it. I've brought it in almost a dozen times and then they say there's a recall. They supposedly fixed it. 20miles down the street it starts up again. Just got it back today and they found a leak in the ac system. It's still cutting off and on at times and barely cool when it works. They said the ac won't be cold because its a small car and ideling it won't be cool. I sweat my brains out with ac. It's freaking 100 degrees here. Any ideas

I've had mine for just over a year. I brought it in a month after I got it and they couldn't find nothing wrong with it. I've brought it in almost a dozen times and then they say there's a recall. They supposedly fixed it. 20miles down the street it starts up again. Just got it back today and they found a leak in the ac system. It's still cutting off and on at times and barely cool when it works. They said the ac won't be cold because its a small car and ideling it won't be cool. I sweat my brains out with ac. It's freaking 100 degrees here. Any ideas

Hey David,

I am a Customer Service Rep for GM, and we monitor these forums as additional help for member concerns. Feel free to send me over a private message with your VIN, contact information, current mileage and the preferred dealership. I would be happy to look into this further for you!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care