HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

Here is the page from my last non-repair. The white boxes are for privacy's sake. Notice that all of the concerns (even though details are whited out) are listed as "operates to factory intent".

It is raining quite hard here at the moment, so I can't go out and take a picture of the compressor plug, but I know that there is the factory harness against the PS fender and no single wire as mentioned.

Nowhere does it say that they performed the recall work, they only make claim to performing an inspection, and claiming that the unit is working as intended. It is an open recall, and they have to do the work, it is not up to them to judge if the car needs it or not, GM already decided that. PM one of the reps here on the board, they were pretty helpful for me. They will contact your dealer, and tell him what he needs to do.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

And of course, the work was not done on mine!

The picture isn't great, I had to dance between the raindrops to get it!

As far as our resident Chevy reps go, I WAS in contact with them before, during, and after my car went in for service, so they were NOT very helpful in getting anything done.

What I should do is post the other page from my recent non-repair that shows how the "service manager" tested my car and got...wait for it... 29 degree air out of the vents!

CompressorPic_zps34c10052.jpeg

Gossamer, when I took my spark in, all I had to say was I was there for Customer Satisfaction Program 13434 for the Air Conditioning System for the work to be done. I am grateful that the service center didn't question or test the system, they immediately jumped into replacing the parts outlined in program 13434.

Walt, they still have the factory low pressure switch there and wire. They made a special low pressure switch and interrupted right at the compressor. I can only assume that the wire goes to the exact area where the other switch used to go. So if you follow the wire in behind the glove box I bet you will see another plug undone or they took apart the plug and added the 2 wires. This gets really interesting, would love to know where it goes.

They had to drain the system to put that new switch there. I find it strange that they did not just swap the factory one for a new one, crazy.

And of course, the work was not done on mine!

The picture isn't great, I had to dance between the raindrops to get it!

As far as our resident Chevy reps go, I WAS in contact with them before, during, and after my car went in for service, so they were NOT very helpful in getting anything done.

What I should do is post the other page from my recent non-repair that shows how the "service manager" tested my car and got...wait for it... 29 degree air out of the vents!

I would contact them again, refer them to this thread, let them see the pictures, it is apparent your car wasn't touched. I think your biggest problem is that you're dealing with an a**hole of a dealer. Any dealers in your proximity, you can take it to? Even if you had to travel a bit, it is roughly a 2 hr. job, you could wait for it. I wouldn't let the dealer off the hook though. You can also call Detroit, explain what you want done, request that they call the dealer, and instruct him to what he has to do to satisfy this recall, get an SR# and schedule your appointment.

Gossamer, when I took my spark in, all I had to say was I was there for Customer Satisfaction Program 13434 for the Air Conditioning System for the work to be done. I am grateful that the service center didn't question or test the system, they immediately jumped into replacing the parts outlined in program 13434.

Same here, the service advisor also knew right away what I was talking about. Still waiting on my wire harness to arrive though. You need to use another dealer, since the one is giving problems, and can't read instructions from GM.

Thanks guys for all of your help - it's really appreciated! :worship:

If you notice, it does say that the car was brought in for the "open recall" 13434, yet they didn't do anything supposedly because I had already gotten #PI1013A.

Now please correct me if I'm wrong,but wasn't PI1013A for the parts under the dashboard (the cam and sensor) and a BCM update?

If so, how could that possibly cancel out changing parts and a wire on the compressor?

Did any of you guys get all of the other repairs (mainly a new compressor) before getting this switch installed?

I'm trying to get as much info as I can because I am not letting GM, Chevy, Chevy's reps, or the dealership off the hook this time.

If you notice, it does say that the car was brought in for the "open recall" 13434, yet they didn't do anything supposedly because I had already gotten #PI1013A.

Now please correct me if I'm wrong,but wasn't PI1013A for the parts under the dashboard (the cam and sensor) and a BCM update?

If so, how could that possibly cancel out changing parts and a wire on the compressor?

Did any of you guys get all of the other repairs (mainly a new compressor) before getting this switch installed?

I'm trying to get as much info as I can because I am not letting GM, Chevy, Chevy's reps, or the dealership off the hook this time.

I did not have any previous repairs done on my car but I don't think it should matter. From my understanding this open recall 13434 should be done for all cars with a qualifying VIN, since it is a new fix. I contacted the Chevy reps on this forum and they called my dealer and told them my car needed this service done. The next day the dealer called me asking when I could bring in my car for the recall work. Having the reps contact my dealer helped me avoid having to explain or argue that it did not work correctly. It would be worth a shot to contact one of the Chevy reps and ask them to give your dealer a call.

I had the cam and bcm done, you're right, it was "1013A" and the new one, "13434", thats all that was done to the car. The "1013A" was done 0n 8/26/13, so it was totally irrelevant to this fix.

I just had the bcm update, which didn't correct the cold/warm issue that affects so many of us, including me. No other repairs done. I managed to live with it through a very hot central Texas summer, since my a/c did make it tolerable, but not exacty the most comfortable place like all the other cars I've had. My last car needed a new compressor by this point, this one is still working fine, just needs this update done to work as it should, it's capable of being a very good a/c.

Edited by austex04

Do yourself a favor and have another dealer do the latest repair, your dealership is really stupid, or more likely, they really hate you and are going to continue jerking you around everytime you go there. Edited by austex04

The problem with me going to another stealer is that when I bought the car I got free oil changes for life and a program called engine for life (engine & trans are 100% covered as long as I own the car), but the catch is that they must do all of the maintainence and repairs on the car. Since I only put about 200 miles a month on the car, and since people are having engines replaced around 25,000 miles, I don't want to do anything that might void that warranty since the factory warranty will be long gone before I ever get to 25,000 miles. Although I seriously doubt I will own this or any other GM product after the factory warranty ends or ever again for that matter! :)

Walt, they still have the factory low pressure switch there and wire. They made a special low pressure switch and interrupted right at the compressor. I can only assume that the wire goes to the exact area where the other switch used to go. So if you follow the wire in behind the glove box I bet you will see another plug undone or they took apart the plug and added the 2 wires. This gets really interesting, would love to know where it goes.

They had to drain the system to put that new switch there. I find it strange that they did not just swap the factory one for a new one, crazy.

My guess would be, that you're right, this was probably the easiest route to go.

Its likely that the factory switch location is the problem, the hole to the sensor may be the wrong size causing the sensor to receive the pressure wrong. Or that they sensor they used just doesn't last or work correctly so they went with a more expensive option that will work and last.

The problem with me going to another stealer is that when I bought the car I got free oil changes for life and a program called engine for life (engine & trans are 100% covered as long as I own the car), but the catch is that they must do all of the maintainence and repairs on the car. Since I only put about 200 miles a month on the car, and since people are having engines replaced around 25,000 miles, I don't want to do anything that might void that warranty since the factory warranty will be long gone before I ever get to 25,000 miles. Although I seriously doubt I will own this or any other GM product after the factory warranty ends or ever again for that matter! :)

I can understand you wanting to keep that warranty intact, but I would reread that document, going by your dealers track record. He warranties your engine for as long as you own the car, now, should he fold tomorrow, who backs up that warranty? I seen this same deal locally, about five years ago, with a Ford dealer who went under, and unfortunately a lot of people got stuck. Claims were being made, FoMoCo wanted no part of it,the state got involved, and the dealership was auctioned off, with the stipulation that the new owner would not have to satisfy any claims. I don't want to come across like the voice of doom, but "let the buyer beware".

For the record, I took my "repair not needed" car out for an hour and a half run (mostly highway but about 20% city), on an 84 degree day, and the A/C managed to get the interior of my car down to 71 degrees.

It took 50 minutes for it to lower the temperature inside the car that far and then maintained it for the rest of the trip with the air on recirculate and the fan on high.

Now I'm the first to admit that 71 degrees is comfortable, but there are a few issues at play here.

My windows are heavily tinted so the A/C does not have to work as hard to cool the interior of my car, and it was only 84 degrees out.

Since it only managed to lower the interior temperature 13 degrees on a not very hot, low humidity day, what will it do when it is 98 degrees with high humidity?

Even if it manages to lower the interior temperature 13 degrees when it is 98 with high humidity (which is doubtful since it will have to work harder), that means it will still be 85 degrees inside the car, and that is NOT comfortable!

Edited by Gossamer

That's a catch, lol! Sounds more like a bunch of bs to me. Your never going to get your a/c fixed going to that scumbag dealer, becouse they're going to do nothing but jerk you around. The so-called contract is also probably bs, too. I can see the point in having the dealer maintain the car for the so called lifetime warranty, but you should be able to have another GM dealer service your car for warranty work. What would happen if you broke down far away?

Greg_E Posted: "This appears to be the fix, http://chevysparkfor...-april-30-2016/ also reference the older PI that changes the blend door flap and changes the evaporator core temperature sensor....."

After talking to my own mechanic he indicated that makes total sense when presented with common Spark A/C issue. Although our Spark is ok with the AC not cycling and blowing reasonably cool air, I dropped by my GM dealer on the way to pick up some cheap beer on sale and the service manager indicated that GM has provided info to them to replace/reprogram/adjust that particular sensor as a fix for the Spark A/C cycling on/off problem. He also indicated that only certain VIN #'s were affected. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had this procedure done as to how effective that was as I did some research and was unable to come up with anything definitive, although some Spark owners had compressors replaced without a satisfactory result and one owner I know personally had some xtra refrigerant added which increased the cooling.

it should be ok my dealer has fixed most problems I have had. I did tell them about the ac last year and the guy put his hand on the vent and said the ac was good.

I hope this recall fixes the problem.

Edited by tootal2
  • 2 weeks later...