HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

It took 3 hours, but the work was done. A pressure switch and harness was replaced/installed. It's currently a very overcast and muggy 70 degrees where I live. To me, the A/C is working better than before. The service center said they couldn't hear my rattle I get at 3k rpm, probably because its raining and ot cant be heard when the windows are up.

It took 3 hours, but the work was done. A pressure switch and harness was replaced/installed. It's currently a very overcast and muggy 70 degrees where I live. To me, the A/C is working better than before. The service center said they couldn't hear my rattle I get at 3k rpm, probably because its raining and ot cant be heard when the windows are up.

Ok, that's good news.

I bought my Spark in Sept 2013 and by 26000 had Air fixed three times, two new compressors, expansion, valve, blah blah , since I live in florida, I will know soon , if this last compressor will work better. Lol

Also yes, it has never ever blown nice and cold.

These AC forums are over a year old, problem must be older than that , so I think we will I probably never see a fix.

Dont get me started on the fact that I have neede an engine already,

"CHEVY PINTO" I call it now

Todays report, it's 70+ degrees with 80% humidity. With the A/C set at 3 and the recirculate on, I felt it kept it a very decent and cool temperature. The most noticeable difference I feel is the A/C doesn't fluctuate from warm to cold over and over. Instead, it stays cold, NOT ICE COLD, but cold, and it is immediately starts getting cold when turned on for the first time. Of course, the real test will come in July when the temperature starts to get into the 90+ degree range and the humidity is so high I can wring the air for some water.

Edited by manualsparkls

I had the service done last week, still waiting for a warm day, keep us informed, good luck!

Same here. Pretty much putting this car on the back burner, picked up a 1985 Fiero that is my new project lol

Todays report, it's 70+ degrees with 80% humidity. With the A/C set at 3 and the recirculate on, I felt it kept it a very decent and cool temperature. The most noticeable difference I feel is the A/C doesn't fluctuate from warm to cold over and over. Instead, it stays cold, NOT ICE COLD, but cold, and it is immediately starts getting cold when turned on for the first time. Of course, the real test will come in July when the temperature starts to get into the 90+ degree range and the humidity is so high I can wring the air for some water.

We hit 80 degrees today, so I decided to take the car out to get a semi-test of how the a/c is behaving. I have to go along with manualsparkls. The first thing I noticed was the cold/cool cycle was gone, I put it on 3, recirculate, and it started to stream cold air consistently, on the highway, idling at a few red lights, stopped in traffic, no fluctuating at all, just consistently cold air, no warm air at all. It did get a bit colder upon acceleration, but then again all cars do, it's just the higher revs on the compressor. Now I don't want to exaggerate, it wasn't brrrrrrrrrrrr cold, but it was extremely comfortable. Granted, 80 is not exactly Death Valley weather, but this is the best it has performed since I bought the car, and if it continues on like this through the summer, I would considered mine to be working well, and would not pursue any further "fixes". The services I had done, included the 1st "fix" the BCM update, and the cam link replacement, and the 2nd "fix" with the valve, and harness replacement. Are both needed? I don't know, but if I were going in for the first time, I would request both be done, it can't hurt.

I also just got this service done and so far it seems to be keeping my car cooler. I also have to agree with manualsparkls and waltK that the air is more consistent/cold, and does not seem to cycle to warmer temps. I have only had the chance to drive for 25-30 minutes but during that time my car was keeping cool with air settings on 2, with recirculate on. It was 80+ degrees today and I felt comfortable. So far this service seems like a legit fix for the cooling problems I was facing, and I'm hoping it continues working.

I'm interested to see how it performs in 100+ degree weather of Summer in California.

I'm still waiting for the dealer to get all the parts to fix mine, just waiting on the wire harness to arrive, we're having a warm spell the last couple of days in low to mid 80's. Mine was doing the cool/warm dance, of course, more so since it's not above 90 outside. I will post back after I get the "fix" as to if it actually is a "fix" for the cool/warm problem.

I have the bulletin in my hand - I got it from my dealer today - and it says <b>the program is in effect until April 30, 2016.</b>

I've noticed my a/c not working properly ever since I bought it (new) a year ago. I had a hard time convincing anyone there was a problem, since the air blows cool most of the time and we've also had a very cool summer last year and so far this spring. The problem occurs only after the air has been on for at least 30 minutes to an hour. I haven't had many trips that far on days when I needed the a/c. The mechanics were testing and not seeing the problem. I did notice it again a few weeks back and scheduled an appointment today, and was dreading another round of the problem not manifesting itself while at the shop, but they knew what was up as soon as I walked in the door.

There was also a bulletin last summer, something about debris clogging a filter and then dropping away when the car was shut off - ths was why my a/c would blow cool again after I stopped the car and then got back in a few minutes later (such as on a trip to a store or whatever). If anyone is interested, I will dig up the bulletin and post details.

Great news guys. We have been in the 90's down here and I'm going to check out the dealer next week. Who here has tint that would make a difference? If you have no tint then it would be great with tint.

Does anyone have any idea where the wire harness goes under the dash? Also what did they do with the factory wire plug that was connected to the original low pressure switch? Any part numbers or photos?

Been 2 weeks waiting on parts... Called yesterday and after the run around for 5 hours, they tell me the parts are not yet available. WTF? I then ask what's the reason for opening a recall but not having the parts available to make the fix yet. She followed that up real quick with they will be here in a week. Sounds like either A- Parts are hard to come by or B- Someone forgot to order my parts....

Been 2 weeks waiting on parts... Called yesterday and after the run around for 5 hours, they tell me the parts are not yet available. WTF? I then ask what's the reason for opening a recall but not having the parts available to make the fix yet. She followed that up real quick with they will be here in a week. Sounds like either A- Parts are hard to come by or B- Someone forgot to order my parts....

The dealer in Puyallap? I'm starting to wonder if I went to the wrong place, or if this is the norm among dealers. Reminds me of several dealers in Texas. Dealer says they're waiting on just the harness to arrive, 11 days since I brought it in. Edited by austex04

The dealer in Puyallap? I'm starting to wonder if I went to the wrong place, or if this is the norm among dealers. Reminds me of several dealers in Texas. Dealer says they're waiting on just the harness to arrive, 11 days since I brought it in.

No... Auburn. But don't get me started with dealers in Puyallup...... Don't go to Krum Hyundai... Took 5 visits to fix a scratched and dented up center console they damages in my fiance Tucson.. Urgh!!!!

I took it to the Auburn Chevy after Sunset in Sumner kept giving me the " that's normal for this car" speech..

Get on the Chevy support people to kick the dealer in the backside and get moving. Might help to send a message about how you are being treated to the dealership owner too. Chevy really needs to hold their franchisees accountable and stop letting them get away with this crap. The sign on the dealership says Chevy, that says to me they are a representative of Chevy and this type of performance makes Chevy look bad!

Great news guys. We have been in the 90's down here and I'm going to check out the dealer next week. Who here has tint that would make a difference? If you have no tint then it would be great with tint.

Does anyone have any idea where the wire harness goes under the dash? Also what did they do with the factory wire plug that was connected to the original low pressure switch? Any part numbers or photos?

Apparently they cut the original plug off, I can't see a damned thing under the dash, I screwed up my shoulder, mobility is painful, maybe someone will be able to post photos, photography is not my forte.

Here is a PDF of my invoice.....

Scan2.pdf

Apparently they cut the original plug off, I can't see a damned thing under the dash, I screwed up my shoulder, mobility is painful, maybe someone will be able to post photos, photography is not my forte.

Here is a PDF of my invoice.....

Scan2.pdf

Just cut it off, no heat shrink, I hope not.

Thanks for the part numbers.

Edited by bluer101

This is really ridiculous! According to my paperwork (which I will scan) and our resident Chevy reps, nothing was done to my car in the 3 days they had it for the "Open Recall 13434" because I had the previous PI(I can't remember the number) installed. Yet I was asked if there is any improvement since I brought it in!!! If someone has the actual bulletin or whatever that shows exactly what is supposed to be changed, and could post it, I would greatly appreciate it. Since I only drive the car about 200 miles a month, I haven't had a chance to really run it around downtown to see if there is any difference since they "didn't repair anything". I do know that in the few short hops I have taken, the air blows warm when first started for a minute or 2 then gets as cold as it did before, but it still gets warmer while idling.

This is really ridiculous! According to my paperwork (which I will scan) and our resident Chevy reps, nothing was done to my car in the 3 days they had it for the "Open Recall 13434" because I had the previous PI(I can't remember the number) installed. Yet I was asked if there is any improvement since I brought it in!!! If someone has the actual bulletin or whatever that shows exactly what is supposed to be changed, and could post it, I would greatly appreciate it. Since I only drive the car about 200 miles a month, I haven't had a chance to really run it around downtown to see if there is any difference since they "didn't repair anything". I do know that in the few short hops I have taken, the air blows warm when first started for a minute or 2 then gets as cold as it did before, but it still gets warmer while idling.

I have not had mine done but you can check if still stock.

Here is the low pressure switch factory and factory plug. This is passenger side front of car down at bottom.

9235364B-2F1B-4BA6-A6B2-5E2FB9FC56FF.jpg

And close up.

B92D112A-01A4-4F8A-A157-4D8D672EC05A.jpg

Now if you have it done from what Walt said is a wire goes up the passenger side by the abs unit into the firewall.

Here is the page from my last non-repair. The white boxes are for privacy's sake. Notice that all of the concerns (even though details are whited out) are listed as "operates to factory intent".

It is raining quite hard here at the moment, so I can't go out and take a picture of the compressor plug, but I know that there is the factory harness against the PS fender and no single wire as mentioned.

4-24-14Pg1_zps335a3556.jpg