HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

On 11/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, sks0888 said:

Hi,

I recently bought a 2014 Spark and I am having this AC issue.  I private messaged the Chevy acct with no response yet.  I brought it to the dealer and they didnt want to look at it without charging.  Finally they have agreed to look at it for free, but I want to avoid getting charged for the fix.  A friend hooked it up to a diagnostic tool and thought the car was shutting the ac down because it was mistaken as to the engine thermostat temp.

Any advise?

Was this ever resolved?

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

I'm adding to this thread because we too have the same issue with our 2014 Chevy Spark. The A/C does not work. The symptoms seem to be the same as everyone else's. No cool air at all being produced. The pressure in the refrigerant system seems to be fine, as in it does not appear to have leaked the refrigerant out. The compressor clicks on and off, it cycles, but still no cool air is produced. We contacted the dealership and they want to charge us $150 for a diagnosis. I have told them about this problem seeming somewhat common, enough so that it has a number of service notices about it, "Customer Satisfaction" notices, including the numbers listed in this thread. Then nothing. Our dealership website has a contact link, a web portal where you enter your questions and someone will supposedly get back to us. Someone did get back to us; a salesperson wanting to sell us a new car! So far, our dealership's answer to our AC problem is to try to sell us a new car. 

There are two new developments. We got a dash code telling us it's time to change then oil, so I went to the dealership website to schedule that service call. I also added a note about he AC not working, and I listed the various ID numbers such as 13434 and a long list of other notices on various other Chevy Problem sites. No response. Then yesterday I got an e-mail from the dealership saying that through OnStar they see we need an oil change. I responded to that e-mail, which is addressed to the service manager "Tim F...", telling him that we already scheduled an appointment for the oil change, as well as indicated we had an AC problem, listed the numbers again, and once again, no response. A couple hours later we got a call, my wife took it. It was some third party that either Chevy or the dealership sold our contact info to, trying to sell us on an extended warranty! Seriously?! I sent Tim F another note explaining that it was weird that third parties were willing to contact us, while the dealer we bought the car new from would not. Am I sounding frustrated? 

I just finished with the Chevy corporate site. Searched for information of any kind related to our AC problem. Nothing at all. No easy way to ask a question either. No e-mail addresses or links. They do have a snail mail address along with a telephone number. In this day and age I would have to either call or send a letter? And like the dealership, the Chevy site seems totally focused on selling new cars and not working out issues after the sale. I was asked to take a survey. When it asked how old our car was, the maximum age I could select was 4+ years. It seems that Chevy's view is that the service life of a car is a maximum of 4(+) years. I have a 2002 Jeep, and I love that car. I have power tools that are decades old and still running great. A car is a huge investment, with a huge depreciation. Giving them a projected service life of 4+ years is outrageous, especially when they have issues with design and parts problems. 

How a car holds up to normal use informs us on which brands and models to buy. How a dealership responds to issues informs us on which dealerships and manufacturers to buy from. All cars have some sort of issues, but when a dealership cares more about selling a replacement car than fixing the existing car, which SHOULD have a good deal more life to it, that's when we stop buying from that dealership, and perhaps ultimately from that manufacturer.

On 2/23/2015 at 4:54 AM, WaltK said:

Contact the Chevy Customer Care, here on this forum http://chevysparkforum.com/user/829-chevrolet-customer-care/ and explain your concerns. They will guide you as to what they need from you, Vin#, etc., and if you qualify for the recall, they will contact your dealer. They can be quite effective.

I have now sent 3 messages to the Chevrolet Customer Care member(s), over the past 8 days, and none of them have been read yet. I suppose they are busy. 

19 hours ago, Aaron said:

I have now sent 3 messages to the Chevrolet Customer Care member(s), over the past 8 days, and none of them have been read yet. I suppose they are busy. 

They don't hang out in here any more. Your best bet would be to call Chevy customer relations and open a ticket with them. 

22 hours ago, Aaron said:

I'm adding to this thread because we too have the same issue with our 2014 Chevy Spark. The A/C does not work. The symptoms seem to be the same as everyone else's. No cool air at all being produced. The pressure in the refrigerant system seems to be fine, as in it does not appear to have leaked the refrigerant out. The compressor clicks on and off, it cycles, but still no cool air is produced. We contacted the dealership and they want to charge us $150 for a diagnosis. I have told them about this problem seeming somewhat common, enough so that it has a number of service notices about it, "Customer Satisfaction" notices, including the numbers listed in this thread. Then nothing. Our dealership website has a contact link, a web portal where you enter your questions and someone will supposedly get back to us. Someone did get back to us; a salesperson wanting to sell us a new car! So far, our dealership's answer to our AC problem is to try to sell us a new car. 

There are two new developments. We got a dash code telling us it's time to change then oil, so I went to the dealership website to schedule that service call. I also added a note about he AC not working, and I listed the various ID numbers such as 13434 and a long list of other notices on various other Chevy Problem sites. No response. Then yesterday I got an e-mail from the dealership saying that through OnStar they see we need an oil change. I responded to that e-mail, which is addressed to the service manager "Tim F...", telling him that we already scheduled an appointment for the oil change, as well as indicated we had an AC problem, listed the numbers again, and once again, no response. A couple hours later we got a call, my wife took it. It was some third party that either Chevy or the dealership sold our contact info to, trying to sell us on an extended warranty! Seriously?! I sent Tim F another note explaining that it was weird that third parties were willing to contact us, while the dealer we bought the car new from would not. Am I sounding frustrated? 

I just finished with the Chevy corporate site. Searched for information of any kind related to our AC problem. Nothing at all. No easy way to ask a question either. No e-mail addresses or links. They do have a snail mail address along with a telephone number. In this day and age I would have to either call or send a letter? And like the dealership, the Chevy site seems totally focused on selling new cars and not working out issues after the sale. I was asked to take a survey. When it asked how old our car was, the maximum age I could select was 4+ years. It seems that Chevy's view is that the service life of a car is a maximum of 4(+) years. I have a 2002 Jeep, and I love that car. I have power tools that are decades old and still running great. A car is a huge investment, with a huge depreciation. Giving them a projected service life of 4+ years is outrageous, especially when they have issues with design and parts problems. 

How a car holds up to normal use informs us on which brands and models to buy. How a dealership responds to issues informs us on which dealerships and manufacturers to buy from. All cars have some sort of issues, but when a dealership cares more about selling a replacement car than fixing the existing car, which SHOULD have a good deal more life to it, that's when we stop buying from that dealership, and perhaps ultimately from that manufacturer.

Unfortunately I am sure you are going to have to pay. Everybody else having issues doesn't mean anything to them. The customer satisfaction program ended three years ago. The car is five years old and things go wrong. I think you are expecting a bit much from the car and Chevrolet. I mean we all want the car to last but reality is things fail.