HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

I just got a letter in the mail on Monday from Chevy about this program. I believe I already got the fix back in April if this pertains to the #13434 thing.

Hey there,

I can definitely look into this for you, and provide you with an answer to your questions. Please send me a PM with your VIN for confirmation. Thanks!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

Hey all! Been a while, I no longer have my spark but just got this letter in the mail today:

Dear Mr. Golden:

We have learned that your 2013 model year Chevrolet Spark may have a condition where the air conditioning (A/C) system does not work or cools intermittently due to inaccurate control of the evaporator temperature sensor.

Your satisfaction with your Spark is very important to us, so we are announcing a program to prevent this condition or, if it has occurred, to fix it.

What we will do: Your Chevrolet dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the A/C compressor. Your dealer will also, if necessary, replace the Evaporative Air Temperature (EAT) Sensor, install a low pressure switch adaptor kit, and reprogram the Body Control Module. This service will be performed for you at no charge until April 30, 2016. After that, any applicable warranty will apply.

What you should do: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact your Chevrolet dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair. By scheduling an appointment, your dealer can ensure that the necessary parts will be available on your scheduled appointment date.

If you have any questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1.800.222.1020.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience or concern that this situation may cause you. We want you to know that we will do our best, throughout your ownership experience, to ensure that your Chevrolet Spark provides you with many miles of enjoyable driving.

--Jim Moloney

General Director - Customer & Relationship Services

----------------------------------

I can scan the letter if it will help any of you but that's word for word what they sent me. Hope it helps some of you!

In that letter, "if necessary" means that if you have had any of those previously replaced than that will not be done. Whatever has not been done on those list of parts then your a Spark will get them. But all those parts have been previous fixes.

Tuesday mine goes in for this, an oil change, and a large list of other things. I expect to pick it back up with nothing but the oil and filter changed with a long list of no problem found :sad:

I hope for your sanity that the do everything for you. I ran out of time today to swing by the dealer. I'm going to try tomorrow. Let me know what they say about the recirculate flap and I will keep you informed too.

Hello Steve,

If you would like our assistance throughout the process of working with your dealership, please let us know. We can be reached via private message and are more than happy to help anyway that we can. Also feel free to send us a private message to keep us updated or if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting)

Chevrolet Customer Care

I just got a letter in the mail on Monday from Chevy about this program. I believe I already got the fix back in April if this pertains to the #13434 thing.

Hey there,

I can definitely look into this for you, and provide you with an answer to your questions. Please send me a PM with your VIN for confirmation. Thanks!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

That's alright. Thanks for the offer, but I noticed at the bottom of the letter it has the "13434".

Mine goes in Tuesday to get assessed. I have had no a/c issues until now. It started a few days ago maybe a week. Cold doesn't work at idle or Low speed in fact at idle it's much cooler with the windows down. It's 80-90 in my area during most of these days.

Hey njresler,

Sorry for the air conditioning issues you've recently encountered with your Spark. If you would like to further discuss your situation and keep us updated after your dealer visit on Tuesday, please feel free to send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealer name. We are here to assist anyway that we can and would like to ensure your A/C issue gets resolved.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting)

Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank You Patsy G Chevrolet Customer Care for the fast answer you furnished to a question on a fuse I D that i could not get from the service mgr at two dealers and these guys did try to furnish the info they went to the wiring diagram to try and identify the brake light fuse and just could not figure it out.

In case anyone else needs to know the body control module 4 ( fuse 7 ) is for the right brake light, the body control module 5 ( fuse 8 ) is for the left brake light.

Walt

I got mine done today, at another dealer becouse the first dealer I went to never returns calls or can answer simple questions after waiting a month for parts. No more cool/warm air, yay! They even rotated my tires for free, and washed the bugs off. Dealer #2 in Federal Way just won a new customer. This is the fix all of us have been waiting for.

I received the aforementioned letter and called the dealership (Monday 06/02/2014) where I purchased my vehicle to make an appointment as recommended in the letter, to ensure that parts would be on hand.

My appointment was for 06/06/2014 (Friday). The person with whom I made the appointment even indicated at the time I called, that the parts would not be an issue.

I had my car into the service department about 8AM Friday with the intention of picking it up first thing the following Monday (06/09/2014), since I was going to be out of town anyway for the weekend.

I never heard anything over the weekend so guessed I would be good to go Monday but went ahead and called at 7AM Monday (when the service department supposedly opens) and had to leave a message to have someone call me back, since nobody was available yet. About 7:15, I tried to call again and could not even get anyone to answer the phone. Therefore, I left my house at about 7:25 (while I could still get a ride from my husband) and I show up at the dealership about 7:40.

I find my assigned technician, who gives me a blank stare as if he had never seen me before, and he said my car was not ready they were waiting on parts. He also tried to 'argue' with me about having called me on Saturday and leaving a message that my car was not going to be ready on Monday. I never received a call let alone a message, besides the fact that they have multiple phone numbers in their system to contact me as well as an email address. Ironically, I did receive an email on Sunday informing me that I had 'missed' my service appointment. (riiiiight)

I now go through the motions yet again, to sign up for the shuttle to take me back home, with the understanding that the parts would be delivered later Monday (06/09/2014) and that my car would be ready that afternoon. I finally get a call about 3:30 that afternoon letting me know that the parts had not arrived and that they would set me up with a loaner. Lovely, going from a Spark to a Malibu is just what I wanted (not).

Forward to Tuesday, I wait and wait, I finally call the dealership about 4:30, and they state the parts still had not arrived. Wonderful!!! (WTF??) I am trying to be patient but at this point, I have a multitude of thoughts going through my mind on what could be happening to my car. Did someone hit it in the lot? Does it need body repair? Are there other issues they found that they are not telling me? Did they lose the car?? Has my car somehow been sucked up into some vortex and sent to the same place where all the missing single socks go?

Anyway, Wednesday (06/11/2014) about 12:30 (after leaving a message about 15 minutes prior) I get a call from my tech telling me that the parts are on their way. The parts are coming from CANADA and are 'expected' to arrive on 06/16/2014, but not 'guaranteed' to arrive.

I am so fed up with my treatment. I am tired of having to be the one that calls them asking (begging) for updates on my vehicle. On my previous vehicle, the shop that I took my car to was so awesome. They called me about EVERYTHING, anytime I had my car with them. They would even give me random updates every so often just to let me know where in a particular part of the service process they were completing or starting. My previous vehicle was a 1998 cavalier, which had been out of warranty for quite some time, so taking it to my local Firestone was just peachy for me especially considering the amazing customer service I received.

What boggles my mind is that they should have known last Friday what the disposition was for the parts needed to remedy my vehicle. At that point, I could have picked up my car and waited until the parts came in to take it back. Instead, I have to drive a loaner vehicle, pay extra money for tolls (since I do not have my toll tag), and I miss my satellite radio darn it

Well, as I am getting ready to wrap up my diatribe, I did receive a call from my tech. They are going to swap out the Malibu for a Sonic. Whew! The Malibu is not cutting it for me. Dealing with the spatial differences is not fun. It is not an option to pick up my car and wait for the parts, since they already removed the existing parts and the AC would not work. (ummm yeah, no bueno)

I hope that this situation is sorted out by Tuesday at the latest. I have to do some all day traveling next week and with a 100-mile limit per day on the loaner, there will be a conflict.

The conversation I plan to have with the service manager will be interesting. Needless to say, I am NOT paying for the oil change they performed.

As far as I know, I'm still waiting for parts so you are way ahead of me. I haven't heard anything in a week so I assume my parts are not here. It also may mean that the tech. hasn't been paid for any of the work he did on my ticket, so I would assume he is more interested in getting the parts than I am.

As far as I know, I'm still waiting for parts so you are way ahead of me. I haven't heard anything in a week so I assume my parts are not here. It also may mean that the tech. hasn't been paid for any of the work he did on my ticket, so I would assume he is more interested in getting the parts than I am.

So how long did it take for them to tell you what the issue was and how long it would take to get the part(s)? Like I stated prior, what I don't get is why they could not have known this information the day I took the car in. Or, when I called on the Monday prior, they had the spec sheets of what items might be needed and could have gotten some parts availability estimates then. This was the whole reason I made the appointment to begin with, as recommended from the letter.

I am walking a fine line between maintaining my cool and remaining courteous versus not-so-courteous.