HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

Just got off the phone with a higher level support, sadly they only focused on the HVAC issues and were never told about all the rest like the brake pedal going to the floor every once in a while.

Anyway there is a program happening through the end of April to deal with the HVAC issues, tell your dealler something about customer satisfaction program #13434 relating to the HVAC. I didn't really listen too well because I was pissed about all the other things that were once again not even mentioned like the brake issue, oil consumption issue, lack of engine power issue, and on and on.

Also notice that this program ends in April, before it gets really hot so you can't really test to see if it works. Another attempt to cover up an issue because I bey my HVAC works fantasic when the shop is only 60 degress inside (or less) and I certainly won't be able to test it outside when it is 40 or 50 degrees.

Edited by Greg_E
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

I called my service manager, and questioned him on this issue, unfortunately he couldn't find anything on this, but there again, he wasn't aware of the last BCM update, that along with the new plastic lever was the supposed "FIX" that we were all waiting for, that had no noticeable effect on my a/c. It seems that either the dealerships are not staying on top of things, or, they are kept in the dark, which I believed to be true with the illuminated wheel, anyway...

Ran mine yesterday... Doing the cool warm cool garbage again.

Still pissed about the stupid time limit, why didn't they send each affected owner something that said they need to bring their car in? It is currently just under 30 degrees, how are the mechanics supposed to test this problem?

Hello Everyone,

I see there are some questions in regard to this program. Please private message me so I can see if your VIN is associated to this program. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany

Chevrolet Customer Care

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline.

Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a remote control and find a place to remotely crash this car into a big concrete object just to watch to get crushed. Expensive entertainment but it might be worth more like this than the trade in value.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline.

Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a remote control and find a place to remotely crash this car into a big concrete object just to watch to get crushed. Expensive entertainment but it might be worth more like this than the trade in value.

We can all get together and play demolition derby.

One of my residents has the LT2 that is built

1/13. She just came to me and wanted to tell me about her car. Yes, her car has the A/C issue that most of us have. I have mentioned about her car was bought right after seeing mine.

Anyways, she came and said did you see my loaner car? She told me that her car is at Chevy for the next 3-4 weeks. She said her automatic shifter sometimes gets stuck. I think there is a TSB on this. Then she said sometimes when she presses the brake her rpms go up high. Then she is having them do the A/C with what she says recall. I asked her why so long. She was told there are so many Sparks that need issues fixed that they are backed up and parts are not in stock anywhere. She said she would find out which parts are holding her up.

If so this is f-ed up, really Chevy????

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an appointment to bring my car in and waste more of my time. Maybe my brake issue should happen just as I'm pulling into their service bay and fail to stop, hmm......

I NEED TO GO CAR SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND!

Hello Everyone,

This program refers to certain 2013-2014 model year Chevrolet Spark vehicles may have a condition where the air conditioning (A/C) system does not work or cools intermittently. This is VIN specific. If you would like to know if your VIN is associated, please do not hesitate to send me a private message with your VIN included.

Erica Tiffany

Chevrolet Customer Care

I called my service provider for the second time,trying to get information regarding this program, he was clueless, and as I continued to prod him, he was becoming annoyed. As far as I'm concerned, it is his job to know, and if he doesn't, call someone who does. I then messaged the above Chevrolet Customer Care, explaining my interest. They ran my vin# and told me that my car qualifies for this program, I explained my distrust regarding the service crew not understanding what this program entails, and the fact that I didn't want to waste my time. They contacted my dealership, made my appointment, and explained to the service writer what needs to be done. I am bringing it in Friday morning. Speaking for myself, I have to say the girls were extremely friendly, helpful, and quick. I still have no idea what is involved, and although it is only 52 deg. here today, I want to get started to find a resolution, I don't want to be running around in July, I'd like to have a resolution by then. I waited all last summer for the "miracle fix", that never happened, I don't want to waste another season. The lemon law is only good for the first two years, and this is the second year. As usual, I will keep the group informed.

I just sent a PM to her and see what's up. My biggest thing is waisted time and no fix or possibly the AC being worse. I can manage but it's still not right. Beside my AC compressor still makes that high pitch noise after shutting of my car, has done this since day one.I can duplicate it every time after shutting off the car. The only thing I can't guarantee is how long after shut off. It can be 5-20 minutes after. It make the sound for about 15-60 seconds. Plus I still have the recirculate door flap issue. About 1 year ago I put in recirculate and pulled the motor plug under the dash.

I sent a pm, so I shall see if mine is part of the program. Mine does the cool/warm thing at random, more so in temps below 90 degrees. The problem is, I now live in the Seattle area, and the warmest day was 71 degrees, it's in the 50's now for highs. This program should be extended through June.

I sent a pm, so I shall see if mine is part of the program. Mine does the cool/warm thing at random, more so in temps below 90 degrees. The problem is, I now live in the Seattle area, and the warmest day was 71 degrees, it's in the 50's now for highs. This program should be extended through June.

I got my pm from Kristen, thank you. I do qualify by vin. She says the program ends 4-30-2016.

. My biggest thing is waisted time and no fix or possibly the AC being worse. I can manage but it's still not right. Beside my AC compressor still makes that high pitch noise after shutting of my car, has done this since day one.I can duplicate it every time after shutting off the car. The only thing I can't guarantee is how long after shut off. It can be 5-20 minutes after. It make the sound for about 15-60 seconds. Plus I still have the recirculate door flap issue. About 1 year ago I put in recirculate and pulled the motor plug under the dash.

This is my biggest concern, although I get the warm/cool dance, it was still keeping the cabin fairly comfortable. It is something I can live with if I had to, but still in the back of my mind, I don't feel comfortable knowing that everything is not right. That is why I went for the BCM upgrade, just to get the latest firmware into the system. I have absolutely no idea, what, if anything, this process is going to do, my hopes are not too high, we've been here before, but then again, it's not going to get better sitting in the driveway. Still being under the two year lemon law umbrella, we still have some leverage, after the second year is up, we're done.

If it hadn't been for Greg, we wouldn't have even known about this program, this is what pisses me off, all affected cars should have been notified by mail, that this program had been put in effect. My understanding of these types of programs is that they are sort of a soft recall. Well fingers crossed, I'll play the game, and see what happens.

This is my biggest concern, although I get the warm/cool dance, it was still keeping the cabin fairly comfortable. It is something I can live with if I had to, but still in the back of my mind, I don't feel comfortable knowing that everything is not right. That is why I went for the BCM upgrade, just to get the latest firmware into the system. I have absolutely no idea, what, if anything, this process is going to do, my hopes are not too high, we've been here before, but then again, it's not going to get better sitting in the driveway. Still being under the two year lemon law umbrella, we still have some leverage, after the second year is up, we're done.

If it hadn't been for Greg, we wouldn't have even known about this program, this is what pisses me off, all affected cars should have been notified by mail, that this program had been put in effect. My understanding of these types of programs is that they are sort of a soft recall. Well fingers crossed, I'll play the game, and see what happens.

Walt, thanks for being our test. Please let us know. I'm with you. I could live with the ac issue as it struggles to keep cool. When it's real hot out I have it in high the whole time just to semi sweat. But in the back if my mind I know its wrong. Anyone could see its defective.

I still would live to know what was changed from 2009 overseas to 2012-2013 USA builds. We have not one oversea complaint, ice cold.

I still think it's our government, Eco,and mpg crap. If they program the car the correct way I believe the mpg would not meet specs and would open another can if worms. I would take a hit on mpg to be comfortable.

It was just confirmed that my spark qualifies for this program. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for a rattle under my vehicle and the smell of fuel in my oil. I will be mentioning this program to and let you all know what happens.