Thanks for the links, but the lemon law lawyer that I had hired GM stonewalled by saying that I already lost the BBB hearing so they were no longer willing to replace the car.

Since the lawyer cannot be awarded fees in a lemon law case here (they can't even order that the "usage fees" be lowered or removed), he told me my options were to file with the attorney general, or give him a retainer and he would file in civil court.

If I won in civil court, the judge would probably rule that my lawyer fees be refunded, but there is/was no guarantee.

So I decided that I would continue to try to get the car fixed, but I did contact the attorney generals office to find out how to proceed.

Since it has already reached into the 90s here (but I haven't had a chance to test the car) I will know soon enough if the repair that wasn't a repair worked, and if not then I will file the paperwork.

Nice! What did you pay for your sonic if you don't mind me asking?

I hassled with a local dealer today and am currently sitting at 17,300 for a 2014 Cruze ECO. And I have the Toyota dealer offering me a Corolla LE Plus for 17500. Can't decide where I want to go with this. I like the looks of the Cruze, but the Corolla seems like the smarter choice.

No problem. List price was $21600 less $1000 GM rebate ($20600). I ended up paying $19700 for the car and was given $14500 for the Spark which had MSRP of $18300. You can get them considerably cheaper; however, I wanted the loaded LTZ with turbo and 6 speed automatic.

So for an update. I went to the Chevy dealer this morning about 30 mins away (not the one I bought my spark from). There have been a couple 6spd Cruze Eco's I have been curious about there. I drove it and the 1.4 turbo was very nice and the A/C unit was ICE COLD (about 85 and sunny here today). So as the negotiations sit currently, I would get 9500 for the trade in and the Cruze would be $17,000 (20,880msrp). I still love the spark, but some days it drives fine while other days it feels like its really struggling to roll along. I am undecided with what to do here. I need some words of encouragement!

I think you need to go look at the Ford Fiesta or Focus and see what they will give you and compare the features on the ecoboost versions. It's funny, this morning my car was running pretty good, about 2 miles from the dealership and it couldn't get out of its own way in any gear. Then if you don't like the Fords you can think again about the Cruze.

It seems all dealerships hate working on the Sparks, for good or bad. Only thing that's been a positive service was when I only needed the oil changed. So ready to just crush this car for the entertainment value since it is worth nothing as a trade in!

Traded in my 2014 2LT loaded for $14500. Would have received $15000 but got caught in sandstorm in mountains on the way to dealer and windshield needed replaced, hood and front bumper needed repainted, so I thought I got a decent trade value.

at 9500 miles, I was being offered $9000 at Carmax for my LS, does not seem like a great deal. I will have to take more bites off this note before I consider anything else. Owning the Spark has been an experience of ups and downs, I get to the point where I feel I can live with it, and then something new pops up. I have mostly mastered the horrible clutch setup on on the Spark, I still have to think about it way too much though, and now, I am getting creaking from interior panels and rattling from the passenger seat. I know this is a cheap car, but come on GM, you could not put more glue or some foam behind the door panels!

• 3 weeks later...

1 guy at work has 200,000 miles on his aveo. he drives 100 miles a day to work. I will never get that on my chevy spark since I drive 300 miles a month

It's beginning to look like I should look elsewhere. If I don't get a Spark, I will avoid GM altogether. If a new car will not reach 200,000 miles, something is seriously wrong with it. I never had any real problems with older GM cars. I have only had one problem with my '01 Malibu that was GMs fault. I got that car with 98,000 miles on it. I had to replace the radiator and intake manifold gaskets due to damage caused by GM Dex-Cool. If had had regular green coolant in it that would not have happened. I am closing in on 200,000 miles. I plan to give it to my daughter when I get a new one. At work we had more problems with Chrysler products than Ford or GM for the most part. We NEVER had a warranty claim turned down, even though the vehicles were being used as commercial. There were more problems with cars than pickups, and there were a lot more problems with front wheel drive cars than rear wheel drive. I started there in 1977, and the '77-'87 GM pickups, and the '77-89 Caprice/Impalas were about the most trouble free vehicles we ever had. I remember when the '88 pickups came out, I was leaning against the door on one, and made a big dent in it.