My 2014 Jalapeno/Lime 2LT arrives tomorrow!

I've been reading this forum for awhile and I'm so excited to finally be able to post! I'm a longtime Chevy fangirl and I'm always drawn toward their more 'unique' looking models (my last two new cars were an Aveo and HHR) but this time I was heading to my dealer with the intention of buying an Equinox. Something a little more straightforward and "grown-up", as my family would say. ;) But while I was there, the line of Sparks caught my eye and out of curiousity I test drove a 2LT in Salsa...and I loved it! It kind of threw a wrench into my shopping...I commute a lot and live in a bit of a rural area, so my head was telling me to get the Equinox, but my heart was screaming out for the Spark. And, well, you see which won!

Once I settled on the Spark though, I HAD to have a 2LT in Jalapeno, which I found out was being switched to Lime and has late availability now. My dealer didn't have any, and said that the color was 'restricted' currently and they may not be able to special order one without a long wait...but they searched every dealer in the state of FL and found ONE match, so they did a trade with a dealer a few hours away! It's arriving tomorrow and I get to pick it up tomorrow night! :headspin:

I'm so excited to drive my little Spark and being able to participate in the conversations here!

• 5 months later...

Enjoy your Spark. Hopefully there won't be any gremlins. The only Equinox I could afford to put gas in would be the 4 cylinder one, and I doubt that engine would move such a heavy vehicle very well. I have to have at least 30 mpg, but the more the better. I wanted a PT Cruiser until I found out they only got 24 mpg highway, with a 4 cylinder engine. I love the HHR, but there are very few still out there in good condition with low miles. I had decided on a Spark 1LT auto, but didn't really like the idea of a CVT. Then I found you could install a cruise control on the base model LS manual, so that;s what I have in mind now.