Warning Indicator: " Code 82" ?

This morning when I got into the Spark it was near Zero degrees outside. When I started out, the Tire Pressure Light came on indicating one or more tires was low on air. After a couple of miles a warning also popped up stating " Code 82 ". When I got to my destination I checked all of the tires, and one was a few pounds low. I then called the Service Dept. at my dealer and asked if they could tell me what "Code 82 " indicated. They looked up everything that they could, and found nothing. They asked me to try pushing the "reset", and it cleared the screen. I'm taking it in anyway for an oil change on Friday so they said they would look into it then and not to worry about it. When I got back home I filled the low tire and the TPL indicator went out. The " Code 82 " however comes back each time I start it up, and clears with the reset. The Spark is a 2013, it's 13 months old and has 13,000 miles on it. Does anyone on the Forum know what the Code 82 indicator means?

Code 82 comes on when the oil life falls below 5%. It will turn on everytime you turn the car on, you can exit the code 82 by pressing menu. Don't reset the oil life until you actually change it. The dealer should know what "code 82" means, they're supposed to service them.

Thanks guys.

I had made an appointment for an oil change yesterday and this warning message showed up today. The Spark ends up being smarter than me or my Service Dept. It knew it was time for the change!

I'll chew the service guys out about the Code 82 on Friday when I get there for servicing. I guess their excuse will be that they sell and service lots of Pickups and SUVs, but not so many Sparks.

Our Spark remains completely trouble free. It's a great little car, and this Forum has been an excellent source of information!

• 5 months later...

Hi guys. I just got a jiffy lube oil change three weeks ago and I am at least 2,000 miles away from my next oil change. They used Pennzoil Premium synthetic because they claimed synthetic was what Sparks are supposed to get. Any who, today the code 82 went on! Why would I need an oil change three weeks after I got one? Do I need to go to a dealer? Or maybe it came on because since I didn't go to a dealer, jiffy lube guys just didn't set something?