Hello From West Virgina

Hello fellow Chevy Spark owners. I am the proud owner of a 2014 Salsa red, manual spark. My previous car was a 2007 V6 Mustang that was a pleasure to own, but wasn't economically sensible for me. So far I have put close to 500 miles on the car and have replaced the speakers with Kickers while adding a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD powered sub woofer. I really enjoy the car and love the fact that it saves me quite a bit of money. There are two things that I don't like about it but are they are both understandable: 1. I wish it accelerated a little bit faster and 2. I wish there were more aftermarket parts for it.

I ran the 12v line through the firewall using a factory rubber gromment, right above where the pedals are. From there, I used floor mats and trim pieces to hide it as I made my way to the trunk. For the ground I used a existing bolt in the spare wheel area, behind and below the back seats. The sound ordinance sub I use has high level inputs. What this means is the sub doesnt have to get its signal from the head unit, it can get it's signal from an existing speaker line (I.E. my rear speakers provide sub my its audio source). Now, I made the mistake of not running a remote turn on line, thinking that the auto turn on feature built into the sub would work. Alas, the line wattage wasn't enough to turn it on. So I piggy backed off the 12v plug at the center console and ran it to the woofer.

• 2 weeks later...

WELCOME !!!

thats one of the reasons i got the spark and stayed with chevy...

had a 89 camaro which i loved and still runs like a champ but 15mpg although great for a v8 that has 100k miles on it ... i needed something with more mpg since i also have a 71 challenger ... love my spark