Official EPA: 32/38/34 MPG

It looks like Fuel Economy (the official U.S. government source for fuel economy information) finally released the rating for the 2013 1.2 Liter Spark. Not good

Manual 5-Speed

32 City, 38 Highway, 34 MPG combined.

Automatic 4-Speed

28 City, 37 Highway, 32 MPG combined

See the rating here: Fuel Economy of 2013 Chevrolet Spark.

It looks like the Spark will be released in August, so how about posting actual MPG here please?

• 5 weeks later...

I have the spark ls manual, the epa ratings couldn't be more wrong.. on highways crusing at 55mph, i get between 60 and 65 on mostly flat stretches, In the city i roughly get about 35, the average fuel economy on the cluster usually stays about 50 or 51 mpg

If I am really careful I can average 35MPG per tank on my old Kia, this includes a trip up a long and steep hill on the way to work. I expect better than 40mpg average per tank when I get my Spark broken in. It would be nice if I can average closer to the above 50mpg. The trip is about 50/50 highway and city, the highway part at 65 to 70 mph.

• 8 months later...

Guys how r y'all getting these mpg's? I must have a rotten spark. I do live in hilly country in middle Alabama. Foothill of apalachains. I'm avg about 33.3 mpg combined. Hwy? @65-70 between 37-38mpg and 30 city. What gives? I did have a bad O2 and an exhaust leak prior to 2nd O2 sensor that was fixed. Without it I was lucky to get 22mpg!

• 2 months later...

Don't believe the mileage meter, it's optimistic. On my first two tanks the speedometer average fuel consumption said 41 mpg, but good 'ole math says 38 mpg. That's all city driving using the air conditioner during the hottest part of the day, so I'm more than happy with that!

• 11 months later...

Highway speed is hard on the spark. 40-60 will get great mpg. But really 45-50 is optimal. The key to 50+mpg on the interstate at 70-75 mph is drafting. I don't care what kinda vehicle you get behind pretty much anything is bigger than the Spark. Although, semis are great even at safe distances. No need to be right up on bumper. You can stay at a distance where the truck can you you (ie you can see its mirrors). But I'm sure most of us are familiar with hypermiling techniques. So as cars pass they give use a push. The key is to find a nice pocket at a reasonable and safe speed.