Some new Appearance, Functional and MPG mods

Next up is the GM made rubber floor mats. They are just okay. They fit nicely and the price was right on ebay. I just don't know how effective they will be in the snow. You can already see how dirty they are just from normal life.

PA226625.jpg

PA226626.jpg

Next is, I vinyl covered the trim by the headlight. It's better than the factory flat black, but the vinyl doesn't match the paint exactly either. I just ordered some 3M black metallic vinyl and hopefully that will match better.

PA226628.jpg

PA226627.jpg

Lastly, is I taped over the wheels with aluminum tape. Before I tackle the challenge of mounting some Mooneyes wheel covers on, I want to prove that there is some mpg gain to be had with smooth, solid wheels. I actually think that the tape doesn't look that bad, especially at a bit of a distance. So far, it is very inconclusive if there is going to be any mpg gain.

PA226618.jpg

PA226619.jpg

PA226620.jpg

I thought the floor mats were great compared to the carpeted pieces.

Pro-tip: Before putting your feet in, sit in the car with your feet hanging out and click your heels together as if you were going to Kansas. You'll shake most of the dirt off. This is a must in winter especially.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/23/2013 at 7:28 AM, NOMAD said:

Lastly, is I taped over the wheels with aluminum tape. Before I tackle the challenge of mounting some Mooneyes wheel covers on, I want to prove that there is some mpg gain to be had with smooth, solid wheels. I actually think that the tape doesn't look that bad, especially at a bit of a distance. So far, it is very inconclusive if there is going to be any mpg gain

I am not sure about the mpg gain but very sure that it will hinder breaking. Alloys are good over the old rims as they let more air to cool break pads. So if you cover them, after each breaking, disc will be much hot thatn it should be.

I live in tropical environment so can't say about if this can be managed by winters there.