new 2014 spark from PA

• 2 weeks later...

To answer what the dealer is telling you, yes it's true, to a certain extent. The link you provided states for the "onstar" to work via a smart phone for starting your vehicle, yes, it has to be an option from the manufacturer. There are after market remote starting systems that have smart phone apps which can be installed into any type of vehicle. For smart phone remote starting, there is a monthly fee (as would be with the onstar as well).

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Mitash! Congrats on the new Sonic purchase. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions at all. Enjoy!

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care

How come my 2014 spark cant have remote key fob for engine start.

Chevrolet is claiming that all 2014 onstar equiped vehicles have remote key fob for engine start.

Remote start is an option, not a standard feature. Onstar is also offering free (ability to with installed remote start power lock feature) use of remote start/door locks feature via the smartphone app for five years on SELECT models. Not sure if spark is one of them.

Edited by icepick

Remote start is an option, not a standard feature. Onstar is also offering free (ability to with installed remote start power lock feature) use of remote start/door locks feature via the smartphone app for five years on SELECT models. Not sure if spark is one of them.

Then is there anyway i can confirm or install this feature.

I really need to remote start my car with smartphone bcoz of winter condition here.

Hi Mitesh,

The remote start is an option. After looking up your VIN I can confirm that your Spark was not purchased with this option. I just sent an email to the address that you provided explaining what options you have for getting remote start installed on your Spark. Please check your email. :)

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care