CEL Flashing, Traction Control Illuminated, Rough Idle and Hard Clunking

On 11/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Ray Dockrey said:

Thats the advantage of using top tier gas. Typically they will have more cleaners and detergents in them to keep the system and injectors clean. 

Ray Dockrey,  I value your your opinions, so do you think all 3 grades of gasoline's (regular, mid, premium) at every pump have the same amounts of cleaners and detergents, or the premium grade has more of them?  

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So if it has happened to more people than just me on a car that is less than 2 years old, then I'm starting to think it deserves attention from GM or at least a bulletin for the service techs so that

This was conversation I had directly with the GM complaint line 866-790-5700 when you call there, they assign you a case number and worker, and their job is to get the problems solved. She said that a

Metal shavings in the engine? No advanced symptoms, or strange noises? A trip from hell, and it is a major inconvenience, but fortunately, it sounds like you are dealing with a decent dealership, and

Posted Images

On 11/22/2019 at 5:13 PM, Bobby MSME said:

Ray Dockrey,  I value your your opinions, so do you think all 3 grades of gasoline's (regular, mid, premium) at every pump have the same amounts of cleaners and detergents, or the premium grade has more of them?  

I buy just the regular gas. My understanding is that the higher octane is not needed for most engines and its the same additives added to all the different grades of gas. At least thats my understanding of it all. 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2014 Chevy spark LS and I've had so many issues with it. Not speeding up even remotely fast when trying to turn quickly or go when the light turns green. My car then started seeming like it was getting stuck in a lower gear for a few seconds when taking off. It would continue revving even after removing my foot from the gas pedal. Now my check engine light is blinking, my traction control light is on and my car is sputtering and struggling to move. I bought it used from the dealership and have only had it for 2 and a half years. I myself have only put about 30,000 miles on it but bought it with about 80,000 miles on it. I've had to replace multiple tires and my battery has mysteriously died despite being told my alternator is fine and charging the battery. This is a death trap car and they need to do something about it. I can't afford to repair all of this, especially with the economy right now. These issues are from manufacturing so why aren't they issuing recalls and fixing the issues?