I'd love to see a company make and sell a smooth, paintable, foglight delete panel

You would think they would come that way, has to be more aerodynamic as a smooth panel. You can get it out without removing the entire bumper cover by removing the two screws under that corner of the fender, and pulling the snap fasteners for the fender lining and reaching in with a screw driver. You might need a stubby driver to get some of the screws and I can't remember but it is only a few screws holding it in.

I don't think they are expensive, I would expect around $30 each because you can buy the entire fog light kit for around $150 if you look around. I'm saving mine for the day when I finally make a bracket to hold better fog lights, and then I'll need the stock ones for those better lights.

Hmmm, It's probably not worth $80.00+ in materials and then the work involved just to try this out. It also wouldn't make enough aero difference to improve mileage.

Are there any manufacturers making parts for the Spark now that I could suggest this to?

(I just bought a 2014 1LT yesterday with the CVT trans)

Thanks.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to eliminate the resonator box and route hoses to both dummy fog light holes. Cut out the fog light holes and have a dual feed "ram air". Kills two birds with one stone. I hate the dummy fog lights and also could probably free up a little mpg and maybe even some power. I have no hope for actual "ram air" effect, but it will be cold, pressurized air getting to the filter. The driver side will be a pretty direct path, but the passenger side will be pretty curvy and likely, pretty small. But, I am a guy that needs symmetry and I'm not going to have an open fog light hole on the drivers side and a dummy hole on the passenger side.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...