Good afternoon. I was considering two options for my tires. The first option is replacing the air with nitrogen. The second is running balance beads in my tires.

I have researched the beads for my past motorcycles and used them. The beads actually gave me an extra 5000 miles on my rear motorcycle. In my research for smaller car tires, I find that the beads will not balance the tire without an initial tire balance. Our tire size is just too small. Once the tires are balanced though, the beads will maintain the balance for the life of the tire. Does anyone have any information on doing this? It will be complicated to do, because the tires will have to be broken down and remounted to place the beads inside the tire. The beads will not fit through the air stem as the TMPS sensors are located there. What do you think?

Greg - I have looked closely at your statement and researched it. ;) You are correct. For average drivers, such as I, it is better to just check my tire pressure regularly and fill it with air. It makes for a more cost prohibative method to lengthen tire life when using pure nitrogen. Do you have any idea about the dino beads? Have you heard of anybody using them in smaller tire sizes such as ours?

Edited by whoknew1985

Hmm, I guess I will try them. I am going to buy 3 oz's of beads per tire and have them placed in my tires. I should know if they work by the amount of miles I get on them. I will get the tires remounted and balanced. Tire rotations should be the only thing I need to maintain after the bead install. If this works out, then the new tires I buy next time will have the beads in place from the first mile. Experimentation 101.