Turn signals switch not canceling manualy, stays blinking.

Has anyone experienced this? If you have your turn signal activated in either direction, and you cancel the turn signal with your finger, the light remains blinking, you have to turn the switch to the position it was and try again to get it to cancel. It has only happened a couple of times, usually at times where the steering would not cancel the switch, such as when changing lanes. My car is at the dealer for the AC issue, and I did mentiion this to the service guy, but he was not able to replicate it.

Nope, not yet. It could be a logic problem. When I change lanes to pass, I normally latch the signal into position and then of course cancel manually just like you do, so I would have thought I would have seen the same thing if it was a common programming problem. Might be hard to track down. Ask them if they have a data recorder that you can drive with for a while, I think some of them have a button you can press to log when the problem starts. Would be worth asking them before you pick up your car.

Could be a bad switch assembly too, not registering the cancel or something like that.

Has anyone experienced this? If you have your turn signal activated in either direction, and you cancel the turn signal with your finger, the light remains blinking, you have to turn the switch to the position it was and try again to get it to cancel. It has only happened a couple of times, usually at times where the steering would not cancel the switch, such as when changing lanes. My car is at the dealer for the AC issue, and I did mentiion this to the service guy, but he was not able to replicate it.

This may be a long shot, but worth a shot, I guess. How long does it stay blinking for? Wondering if maybe you are hitting the switch, to where it blinks 3 times, automatically? I did that when I was test driving the car, that's how I found out it had that option. I bumped the blinker stalk on accident when I got out, and it blinked 3x before it stopped.

This may be a long shot, but worth a shot, I guess. How long does it stay blinking for? Wondering if maybe you are hitting the switch, to where it blinks 3 times, automatically? I did that when I was test driving the car, that's how I found out it had that option. I bumped the blinker stalk on accident when I got out, and it blinked 3x before it stopped.

I have not payed attention to this, the times it has happened I have been traveling down the freeway, requiring fast turn signal changes.

I've found that the automatic blinker only works if you don't hold the lever or click it into turn position, if you get the first blink finished, it won't automatically cycle on my car.

You where absolutely right. If you nudge the blinker up or down, it will blink three times yet remain in the center position, seems to me like a feature intended for Asia/Europe, kinda like a "give way" or ok to pass feature, I have never seen this in an American car. Seems GM's lack of feature documentation cost them some valuable time at the dealership service.