Convertible Conversion

After the purchase of my most recent toy, I'm thinking about adding Another convertible to the family; taking my current spark and chopping the top off. Think it would be pretty awesome of have a convertible spark. One of my clients has a convertible Dodge Charger and it looks pretty sick and she recommended a place. What would you guys think of a drop top Spark?

A sunroof?.. yes. A convertible ? hopefully not.

Minus the cost (and the hideous end-result)...remember additional weight will be needed to strengthen the structure. Unless you don't mind getting to 60 in half-a-day....I wouldn't give the idea a second thought.

I suggest trading in for a Fiat or Mini Cooper convertible, if you want a convertible that much. Mini Cooper is a way better small car all around anyway, if you don't mind dropping over 20 grand for one, also the service you get from BMW dealers puts Chevrolet to shame. The cost and potential for problems are too great to justify on these cars.

I already day have a convertible. I just bought a Porsche Boxster. Just think having a 4 door convertible would be cool. Something unique. If I wanted a mini or a Fiat, I'd just buy one. And I don't like BMW, so I'd rather just do the conversion. At least no one else will be able to do it. Unique is fun, replication gets boring

I suggest trading in for a Fiat or Mini Cooper convertible, if you want a convertible that much. Mini Cooper is a way better small car all around anyway, if you don't mind dropping over 20 grand for one, also the service you get from BMW dealers puts Chevrolet to shame. The cost and potential for problems are too great to justify on these cars.
that's a very broad statement because I have been to a few Chevy dealers and they were too nice. I have stroller in without appointments numerous times and they took care of me on the spot. You can't say all Chevrolet service Is bad. Maybe its just your area, but here, these people know where there bread and In a town of one Percenter's,we always have other options if they aren't keen on every detail, including kindness and service.

I think it is a cool idea and one of the first things I thought about when I first drove mine. And not some crappy removable hard top thing, a real fold up into the back soft top conversion and I think the suicide rear doors would be a neat feature too if it can be done. If you have the money, it would be unique until someone else copies it.

I've paid more for sunglasses.

Lol...sure and can see where this is going. As previously suggested by another member...get a Fiat or Mini if you supposedly have the funds. You are also forgetting the R+D into making a car a convertible..as it does involve a little more than a power saw and some cloth (if you plan on it lasting for any length of time).

Edited by respdoc

Lol...sure and can see where this is going. As previously suggested by another member...get a Fiat or Mini if you supposedly have the funds. You are also forgetting the R+D into making a car a convertible..as it does involve a little more than a power saw and some cloth (if you plan on it lasting for any length of time).

There are multiple companies that do this, so it's not like i would be doing any work. the only work id do is tell them what I want then drop the car off, get it about 6 weeks later.

After the purchase of my most recent toy, I'm thinking about adding Another convertible to the family; taking my current spark and chopping the top off. Think it would be pretty awesome of have a convertible spark. One of my clients has a convertible Dodge Charger and it looks pretty sick and she recommended a place. What would you guys think of a drop top Spark?

I told my sales person who I was dealing with that a two door drop top Spark would be awesome :)

Here's a Spark Lite convertible in India. They call a Spark a Beat in India after the Beat Concept and a new designed Beat a Spark. released in 2013

1111497d1373972760-chevrolet-spark-conve

1111498d1373972760-chevrolet-spark-conve

Chevrolet-Spark-Convertible-rear-766x102

I like it :)

Edited by Spark_Rules-0713
  • 3 years later...