New Spark Owner

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just purchased a 2013 Chevy Spark LS automatic in Jalepeno this past weekend and so far we really love it. We actually traded in our 2005 Ford Focus ZX4. Our Focus was starting to have little issues here and there and we need to have something reliable with great gas mileage because my husband commutes for school. The only things we aren't thrilled about are the lack of cruise control and power door locks/ keyless entry, but for us it wasn't worth spending an extra $2,000- $3,000 to get the LT. The dealership mentioned that aftermarket installation of those things is available which we are definitely going to look into. Has anyone done either of those things? I'd love hear about it. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Edited by LauraBth02

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :) You are really going to like this car, I am really not sure about the availability of aftermarket cruise, or keyless entry, so I will defer. I'm sure someone else will jump in here, there is a good bunch of people here, with a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome! Rostra makes a cruise control kit for this car, it costs $269 including shipping. The instructions appear very easy to install, since the Spark uses electronic throttle. I had a Rostra cruise kit in my old car, never had any problems with it. I'm considering the kit for this car, since the LT costs 2 grand more. I got my LS manual for just under 12 grand, and it has the essentials for me to be happy with it, especially the power windows. You should check out what other owners are reporting their real world mpgs on fuelly.com.

Welcome! Rostra makes a cruise control kit for this car, it costs $269 including shipping. The instructions appear very easy to install, since the Spark uses electronic throttle. I had a Rostra cruise kit in my old car, never had any problems with it. I'm considering the kit for this car, since the LT costs 2 grand more. I got my LS manual for just under 12 grand, and it has the essentials for me to be happy with it, especially the power windows. You should check out what other owners are reporting their real world mpgs on fuelly.com.

Wow. Cuise control was the only thing I did not get on my wish list for this car purchase. I will be looking at this cruise control for my car once I get all of my warranty issues dealt with. This will complete my car. Thanks for the information.

Wow. Cuise control was the only thing I did not get on my wish list for this car purchase. I will be looking at this cruise control for my car once I get all of my warranty issues dealt with. This will complete my car. Thanks for the information.

The spark my first car with cruise control. and I do like the touch screen radio in my lt1. it works with my phone

I'm traveling a lot more often with a passenger, and central locking would be nice. My old Kia had this, it simply commanded the 3 other locks to go in the direction you were turning one of the from door locks, and also worked when you pressed the locking lever or a button on the arm rest. It was enough for me since I could turn the key and all the doors would unlock, this is all I want in my Spark and I may just add the parts and get it working.

Hi Laura! So glad that you are happy with your Spark. Congrats on your new Spark and welcome to the forum! Please let me know if you have any questions about your warranty, features, dealership locations or anything else Spark related. Just send me a private message and I can assist you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

Edited by Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi Laura! So glad that you are happy with your Spark. Congrats on your new Spark and welcome to the forum! Please let me know if you have any questions about your warranty, features, dealership locations or anything else Spark related. Just send me a private message and I can assist you.

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care

i have a question whats the deal with the A/C on 2013 sparks ? ALOT of us are having problems and the only solution is to throw compressors at our cars and software updates that dont seem to do a thing.

We have gone through most of the summer driving NEW 2013 cars with poor A/C and GM has yet to find a fix for the issue even though they've known about it for almost a year now.

BTW sorry to thread jack Laura

Edited by Lovgun7

Hi Lovegun7

If you would like for me to document your concerns or look into your individual situation you can always email me at socialmedia@gm.com or send me a private message here with your VIN, name and current mileage and I can look into your situation and see how I can assist you with your A/C issue.

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care