Chevrolet spark 1.0 LS USB compatible files?

The USB port in the Spark is not compatible with iPod, it works only with flash drives formatted with FAT32 and with mp3 files and no more than 999 tracks/files per flash drive.

The best way to use the USB is, in my personal opinion, to buy a few 4gb USB flash drives and fill them with different kind of music, this way you'll have USB flash drive for all your mod moments.

If you have iPod then the only way is using the AUX input, also remember that by default iTunes rips the music in AAC format not MP3 so if you whant to use the USB, you have to convert the files to MP3.

Edited by AlexBarsan
  • 3 weeks later...

The USB port in the Spark is not compatible with iPod, it works only with flash drives formatted with FAT32 and with mp3 files and no more than 999 tracks/files per flash drive.

The best way to use the USB is, in my personal opinion, to buy a few 4gb USB flash drives and fill them with different kind of music, this way you'll have USB flash drive for all your mod moments.

If you have iPod then the only way is using the AUX input, also remember that by default iTunes rips the music in AAC format not MP3 so if you whant to use the USB, you have to convert the files to MP3.

ah! now i understand why my 8gb flash player didn,t work. i also tried a 4gb flash player which was fine. the only thing i am not sure of yet is whether the files have to be loaded as individual mp3 files or whether you can load folders with mp3 files. anyway thankyou for your input. i still think having a mini usb is a bit daft instead of the more commonly used standard usb port. it meant having to buy a seperate adapter. also i now know that some mp3 players don,t work but charge instead. however this could be a useful feature too as long as you remrmber your headphones.

ah! now i understand why my 8gb flash player didn,t work. i also tried a 4gb flash player which was fine. the only thing i am not sure of yet is whether the files have to be loaded as individual mp3 files or whether you can load folders with mp3 files. anyway thankyou for your input. i still think having a mini usb is a bit daft instead of the more commonly used standard usb port. it meant having to buy a seperate adapter. also i now know that some mp3 players don,t work but charge instead. however this could be a useful feature too as long as you remrmber your headphones.

Yes, you can organize your music in folders.

• 6 months later...

May be a bit of topic, but is there any way to mount an ipod on the dash to where it's easily accessible? I run my power and cord and i have my ipod velcroed above my stereo. The velcro is flimsy and it falls often. Any ideas on how to better mount an ipod for easier use?

I got a cradle too, but it was too far down and hard to change songs on my ipod while driving. I was hoping there was some sort of mount that i could mount it directly next to my stereo without taking my eyes off the road for too long. At any rate, thanks for the suggestion!

• 10 months later...

May be a bit of topic, but is there any way to mount an ipod on the dash to where it's easily accessible? I run my power and cord and i have my ipod velcroed above my stereo. The velcro is flimsy and it falls often. Any ideas on how to better mount an ipod for easier use?

I got a cradle too, but it was too far down and hard to change songs on my ipod while driving. I was hoping there was some sort of mount that i could mount it directly next to my stereo without taking my eyes off the road for too long. At any rate, thanks for the suggestion!

i bought this for my Ipod touch and Note 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171014134332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Very strong and fits on the right side near the stereo by the right knob or same area towards the bottom