Greg_E

Recommended dealers - USA

9 posts in this topic

This thread is to list the dealers that we are particularly pleased with after sales, service, etc. Please only list the dealer name and why you really liked your experience. If a post needs to be removed because a dealer really falls down on the job, then report that specific post and type the reason why you are reporting it so we can remove it. Trying to show the dealers that we are keeping track, and doing superior work could have rewards in web searches. We can make additional threads for other parts of the world, make the thread in this same format and report it, we'll take care of the rest.

I'll bite

Colonial South Chevy - Dartmouth MA. A small dealership with a total footprint smaller than some larger dealers showrooms. Low pressure sales floor.

I called a few dealerships and none were interested in helping me and my girlfriend obtain a green 1lt 5spd. (they were all far away). I went down to CSC and the sales guy Michael Mandeville busted his ass to try and get me one. Found several hundreds of miles away, no dealer would give one up. He said he could get me a blue/black/silver car (bleck, boring IMO). I said no, sorry, how bout yellow? He found one later that day. and even that was two and a half hours away.. I said yes. So they got it.. He hesitated before asking if I would pay a pickup fee, and I said yeah fine, do it, I know I'm being picky, lol.

This is our first new car purchase, so I have nothing to really base it on, but my sales guy worked pretty hard to get us a car. Even though I was buying a budget rollerskate, he didn't make me feel like it at all. I actually said I was surprised at the effort for so little markup and he said I just want to sell you a car, regardless of price. I believed him. Car was right out front under the sign waiting for me to pick it up.

When he handed us the owners manual in a plastic bag I joked "no binder? I know, because it's not a Silverado right?" He laughed "Those don't have them either anymore..." Doh! He didn't really try to push accessories on us but that's probably because I mentioned I already had several new things in boxes ready to go for the car. I would definitely buy with his assistance again. When explaining the Mylink (which I had fooled around with before but my girlfriend had not) to us, he knew what he was talking about, and educated us like a respectful teacher, lol.

Finance guy was a 'floater' named Randy, from North Carolina. He was great and very informal to deal with. I had excellent credit and knew what I was looking at for total cost and payments, so we just chatted the whole time he did his paperwork. I don't think he's there anymore, as he was a floater filling a vacancy.

I can't speak of service there, haven't had any done.. but I'd go there again..

Hows this?

Serra Chevrolet - Bartlett, Tennessee

I scheduled my Spark for a oil change at Serra Chevrolet. My advisor was Tyler Birl. He met me at my car and asked me about the service. He made the turn in process painless and pleasant. The service was complete at the time that Tyler estimated and I signed the invoice and departed. I noticed two problems after this service. The mechanic performing the service placed the new mileage sticker diagonally over the old mileage sticker in a way that looked awkward and messy, having been done in a hurry. The mechanic also did not reset the oil monitoring system on my car. I take my car in before the code 82 pops up on the dash and the code 82 appeared the day after I had the oil changed. I felt that these two issues were nit picky, but really showed a lazy attitude and lack of attention to detail on the part of the person performing the service. I filled out the emailed survey two days later and noted these two minor issues. I received a phone call from Tyler two days after I filled out the online survey and received an apology and a assurance that the issue had been dealt with by the service manager. He was geniunely concerned over my remarks and told me that the next oil change would be paid for by the dealership. This dealership has went above and beyond what I had expected to fix a minor issue and have shown that they are concerned about their reputation their customers hold.

Community Chevrolet - Meadville, Pennsylvania

Great during the sale even better after! Outstanding service department!

Langs Chevrolet 635 Orchard lane Beavercreek ohio, 45434

It was July 11 on a Thursday,I needed a car after my '95 beretta Z26 was wrecked. It wasn't my fault, I told my cousin and he gave me a ride to the Langs Chevrolet dealership, and I wanted a Camaro LT. l told the sales representative Madonna Dugger I will be putting $3,000.00 as a down payment , I was told to go talk to the Finance manager , after he told me payments for the Camaro would be $450.00 a month I said that was fine he even offered me a test drive of the vehicle. I wanted to be sure I was approved first. I went to work the next day and I received a call from Langs, and they wanted to know if I could get a co signer I said I couldn't and I really wanted to get the loan by myself she said ok. I received a call again later and was told I was approved for a 2013 Sonic LT; and come down for test drive. I told him I liked the green car he told me it was a Spark ,I said ok then he asked me when I could have the down payment. I told him I needed to junk my 2 Beretta's first then I would have the full amount I was short $600.00, then I told him I would call him back he said ok. I was so excited to be approved for a brand new car I was a little sad I couldn't get the Camaro :( after looking at pictures of the Spark on google I called Langs back and asked if the Spark was a possability she said she would find out. after a little bit I got a call back and was told yes and I'm approved for $16,000.00 ok I told her I'll try to junk my cars soon and then I'll call her back. With all my excitement I looked at pics of a Sonic sedan on google then I decided the Spark looked the best I called back and asked how much was the Spark and If it had the green panels inside she said yes it does and the Spark was $13000.00 then she told me I could test drive both and make a decision from there. I called back and told her I wanted the Spark I test drove it on Tuesday July 12th I was impressed so I put $100.00 down to hold it and I took pictures of it I still have them :) I got a call from Langs on Wednesday July 13th and was told that $2400.00 was enough for now and if I give them a post dated check I could pickup the Spark on Friday 14th When I got to Langs on friday I was greeted with smiles and kindness and after asking me if I wanted the Dupont 5 year wax added then the Spark was detailed and waxed and if there was any problems tell them and they would take care of it. I was so pleased how long it took to finish all the paper work, at Langs they sure know how to get everything finished fast :) Langs helped me get a new car they bent over backwards for me :) Here was a problem I had recently and Langs took care of it http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1502-fender-problem/

I hope that my story wasn't to long I have A.D.D so I can ramble sometimes I hope this story lets you know how great Langs Chevrolet is :)

Edited by Spark_Rules-0713

Covert Chevrolet Buick in Bastrop, TX

After five unsuccessful repair attempts to fix a annoying rattle and tires that wouldn't balance out, at the dealer I bought mine from, I took my car to Covert for service. In less than a hour, they fixed the rattle for good, and found my tires were defective after putting them on the road force balancer. They had to order new tires. I returned when the tires arrived. About an hour later, my car was ready. They replaced all four tires. After nearly six months and 10k miles, I can finally enjoy driving my Spark! I will continue using this dealer's service department for any warranty or maintenance that I don't wish to DIY. I recommend this dealer over the clowns in Austin. Decent size dealer, small town treatment, even though I didn't buy the car from them. I also noticed several new Sparks and Volts in stock.

Edited by austex04

McClinton Chevrolet, Parkersburg, WV. Great service department when my AC compressor needed replaced this week. No hassles, no issues, no attitude. I'm a new customer there and I hope all of my service visits go as well in the future.

Castle Chevrolet, Villa Park, IL (west Chicago suburb)

I had a good experience with a man named Alan, who is very genuine and easy-going, not afraid to admit when he doesn't know something about the Spark when I was spitting out some of the research I did. There was a weird smell through the A/C during the test drive, but he was able to figure that out. Castle Chevrolet also offers free oil changes and free tires for life, given that you go to them for all your maintenance. Only thing I would warn against is to check if they were upfront about informing you about the Etching, which they do charge you for.

Hanes Chevrolet, South Webster, Ohio. --a small dealership, but big on respect and honesty. I needed a new car quick for my son and needed an inexpensive one. I called Gary Hanes after seeing a lime green 2015 on his website and it was late in the afternoon and he stayed open after hours for us to get there. Negotiations were simple and straight-forward and we got a great deal. I chose Hanes because back in 04 I bought a new Impala from him and that deal was the easiest most pleasant one I ever had (until this time which was even better).