Chevy Spark Warrenty Issues

Hi All,

Im unsure if I am in the right section but I was looking for some help / advice!

To Give a bit of a background:

I bought a Chevrolet Spark LS Back In Febuary. It was just over a Year old so there was 2 months of Warrently with Chevrolet on it.

Fast forward to last Thursday and my Car broke down and had the RAC to come out and have a look. After a little investigation the RAC came to the conclusion there was a fault with the immobilizer and that it would need to go to an Official Chevrolet dealer.

On Friday morning, I went to FRF Chevrolet in Bridgend in order to book it in and get it looked at. After a few hours they called back and had informed me that the control unit had failed and that it would take 24 to 48 hours in order to get a new part. As it was Friday, i would assume around Tuesday (today) that the part would arrive.
Yesterday morning I called FRF Bridgend to which I talked tothe Lady that booked the car in and she checked the status of the part. However, I learned that there was no news or date for the part to arrive as it still had not come into the country.
The weekend was bad enough without a vehicle however, to get to work everyday its 30 miles and on public tansport its a 45 minutes bus ride along with a 25 minutes train ride which, as I found out monday, can take 2 and a half hours in order to arrive at work.
I asked if I could have a courtesy car as the lady who booked my car in informed me that the part can take up to a month to arrive. I cannot be a month without a car as the very long commute cannot happen everyday. FRF unfortunately has all of their courtesy cars out and have none to offer.
So I called the Customer Care Support at GM.
Again, told her of my situation and she took down my details in order to talk to FRF bridgend. After a few minutes Juliet called back and said what I have been told before and that Chevrolet WILL NOT offer a courtesy car.
I then sent an email to customer complaints department and SHOCK, no reply!
So this morning I started my quest and as I have the car financed under Blackhorse (part of the Lloyds Group) I told them the story there and also saying that I am paying for something that I am unable to use. Lucky, this guy seems decent and he is on the case for me too. I told him that I would like a courtesy car if it was going to take over a month or, the last resort, to just cancel the finance and I will go else where for a car.
Hopefully he will come back shortly with a good result as I really like my little chevy spark.
Anyone else had the same situation?

It is interesting to see the difference in the termonology that is used in forum posts from different countries. I spent 3 months in England in the 90's and it was a culture shock for me to hold conversations with the local citizens. It is nice to see that this forum can serve Spark owners from different countries. :victory: