"Clicking" sound when getting off driver seat.

I may suprise some, but I have never had a car with knob adjustable seat height. I have noticed that if I set the seat hight at a different level than either all the way down, or all the way up, I hear a "Click" or a spring like "Ping" when I get off the driver seat, i can also feel some movement on the seat adjust knob when I get off the seat and hear this click noise, is this a normal thing for this driver seat design? I have only had the car for a week, 250 miles. Its not a major deal if everyone is familiar with this as a normal thing, but would hate for my driver seat to be broken after i just got the car.

Thanks for looking into it man. I took a look under the seat, there is a control module and what seems like switches attached to a plate under the seat. The " Spring" noise is coming from the seat height adjustment tension spring, so at least I know where its coming from. I suspect the click comes from the switches, which I suspect are used by the airbag system. Nothing seems bent or broken. If more users have this then I wont worry about it. I figure if one of the switches where bad or sticking, I would get a CEL light related to the airbag system.

If the seat actually moves when you sit on it, then it might not hold you in an accident. The seat and seatbelt are two of the most important parts in the safety system.

I would adjust the seat distance to the pedals and make sure it really clicks into place, then I would adjust the height a little and see what happens.

the issue is not so much the forwards and backwards slide control , that works fine. the issue is the height control, up and down. It works fine, is just that when I get off the seat, I hear a click noise and a spring sound, just once when I get off the seat. if the seat height is all the way up or all the way down, I do not hear the spring, but I do hear the click,could it be the air bag switch? Has anyone else noticed this?

(update)I took a really good listen at the situation and took some pictures, and I suspect I am just hearing the linkage. There are no switches under the seat, just some module box and two connectors that are fastened to a plate under the seat, they are not actually connected to the seat cushion. I now suspect the spring noise is caused by me sliding off the seat, making the cushion hit the seat height return spring, the big spring on the right side of the seat frame. http://i44.tinypic.com/2n81rsy.jpg . checked the seat height gear and nothing is broken or loose. I am guessing some amount of play is to be expected from such a small seat with such an adjustment mechanism, all my previous cars have had solid seats with no height adjustment, just recline.

• 2 weeks later...