New tires on stock rims

Hi everybody,

So, I was looking at buying some winter tires for the upcoming winter and after looking around I think I might go with this tire: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Winterforce

My next question is would I be able to buy all 4 tires and then take them somewhere and switch them out with the stock tires and just use the same rims? I would rather not have to buy new rims if I don't have to. The stock tire size is 185/55R15 and it looks like with this tire the closest size is 185/60R15. I'm not sure though if that is too far off to be able to use the stock rims. Thanks!

It's going to be pretty tall, those tires run tall at the proper size, but I wouldn't let it stop me. Going to cost you about $30 a tire to swap them, new steel wheels will be about twice that if you run them without the TPMS sensors and just ignore the light.

The Winterforce are great tires in my opinion, and having them on a second set of rims means you can change them at home whenever you want, so think about the cost of swapping them each time vs. new rims. That said, if you are planning on buying some nicer rims for summer, then running the snows on the stock rims is fine. the tirerack price on 14 inch Winterforce is $280, and Discounttire direct has 14 inch steel wheels for $51 each. These are the wheels that I'm running for my snows so I know they work just fine. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-100&fl=&pc=73342&counter=1&wd=14&rw=5.5 this wheel is lug centered so no fit issues.

See if you can find a place with the Winterforce tires and also carries the Unique 83 steel wheels so you can get a package put together and it will arrive mounted and balanced and ready to put on your car. Check Firestone dealers because they should be able to do everything in one go and the prices might be close enough.