Adding Trans fluid to auto?

The bolt that needs to be removed is the bolt to the left of the black bracket w/ the blue on it. Just got back from the dealer and got all the information needed. Thanks. If anyone else tries to do this remember there is no way for you to accurately check the levels.

"Lifetime" fills. Shorten the "life" of the transmission.

What's the expected "lifetime" of a transmission? Until it fails.

The manual says needs transmission fluid changed at 75000 miles. Mine was accidently drained. So have to refill it. Wasn't hard to do at all just finished it and trans fills same as before. Without being able to check the levels afterwards I wouldn't suggest doing it but I had to out of necessaity.

What I've always done for dip stick less trannys is see how much drains out. Put that much back in. Drive around long enough to get the tranny and fluid hot. If it's an automatic, use all the gears. If it slips or acts weird, add a quarter quart at a time..... bout all you can do when you don't have a dipstick

1) Raise and supoort the vehicle.

2) Remove the drain pulg and drain transmission fluid.

3) Suggestion of removing and replacing gasket.

4) Tighten drain plug to 17N*m (13lb ft).

5) Remove the air cleaner assembly.6) Remove the range selector level cable bracket.

6) Remove the fill plug.

7) Fill the transmission to the proper level with correct fluid.

8) Tighten the fill lug to 30N*m (2lb ft).

9) Install the range selector lever cable bracket.

10) Install the air cleaner assembly.

• 2 years later...

The CVT fluid is affected by temperature, so when checking the fluid level, the transmission fluid temperature must be at least 122°F (50°C). The fluid temperature can be checked using GDS 2.

With the engine idling, move the gear selector lever through the lever positions. Hold each position for at least five seconds. When the fluid temperature has reached approximately 122-176°F (50-80°C), raise the vehicle. Remove the drain plug and discard the drain plug gasket. (Fig. 14) If the fluid is flowing as a steady stream, wait until it begins to drip. If fluid does not come out, add fluid until it drips out. When the fluid drips out from the overflow tube (Fig. 15), install the drain plug with a new gasket and tighten to specification. refer to http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=2324